CGI Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CGI Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI

2.6

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Paris (France)) in January 2016.

Interview

Trois entretiens rapides et réactifs :

1/ Ressources humaines (Présentation de l'entreprise par les RH. Evaluation du profil du candidat par rapport à la stratégie RH)
2/ Evaluation des compétences techniques
3/ Entretien avec un manager (présentation des activités opérationnelles)

Si tout est OK, proposition salariale.

Si tout est OK à nouveau, proposition de missions.

Interview Questions

• Présenter son parcours, ses principales expériences et compétences clés.   Answer Question

Negotiation

L'offre correspondait à la demande et s'alignait par rapport au marché.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a preliminary interview on-campus at my university following a career fair. My interviewer was very friendly and the interview questions were straightforward. The interviewer asked me to share anecdotes illustrating how I would deal with different situations that might arise on the job. I am now waiting to hear back from them about having a more formal interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have had to deal with a difficult team member or partner.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

The entire process began with a phone call and a quick technical interview(by the HR person to see if you meet the basic of requirements). After that I received and e-mail asking if I'd be able to come in for an in person interview. They provided me with a hotel and since I was close enough to drive they also offered to reimburse me for gas. Once I got there I found out that I was part of a group of around 30 individuals(which I wasn't aware of). They fed us a very nice dinner the night before, then the next morning we checked out of our hotels and drove in to the office for what was basically an entire day of interviews and presentations about the company. There were 3 interviews going over their core fundamentals(technical, functional and leadership skills) and after the day was over we were thanked for our time and sent on our merry way. It took about 3-4 weeks before I actually heard anything back from them but they offered a position so I was ecstatic.

Interview Questions

• What is Function Overloading?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once I got the call, the HR lady explained that they wanted to make me an offer and then said how much my annual salary would be. Being that I had already been out of college for about 4 months and loathed my minimum wage job I quickly accepted. If you are in a similar situation as me, that being a college student being force to move back in with your parents to work a minimum wage job then you'll probably want to just accept the offer as well, because they have dozens of non-offered applicants that can fill your void if you were to try and fight for bigger pay or more vacation. Though I would suggest trying to get as much as you can for moving expenses, I under negotiated that bit and had to take out a personal loan just to have the cash to move.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and had the first behavioral interview on campus. I was invited to their main office where I had three separate interviews with current CGI members, two technical and one behavioral.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

My first interaction with CGI was at a career fair hosted by my university, which led to an on campus interview at my university. I got an email from a HR person about two weeks later asking me to come to a interview at CGI Federal's Lebanon, VA HQ. This consisted of a "Meet-and-Greet" dinner where about 20 other prospects gathered to eat and talk with current senior staff members. The next day we met at their HQ the day comprised of 3 interview (Analytical, Technical, and Leadership), a discussion panel with current employees, and a presentation from HR to give information on benefits. They said 3 to 4 weeks on call backs and I am coming up on 3 weeks since my interview.

Also a few notable things, they paid for everything hotel, dinner, gas, and reimbursement of rental car if needed. Very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• None of the technical questions where really hard. My technical interviewer asked me to write a method (my language of choice) to return a factorial of a give number. The other question consisted of basic SQL statements and joins.   Answer Question
    • Analytical interview kind of threw me off. The questions were a bit vague and dealt with how you organize information.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First round was just about going through the resume and explaining the projects. Behavioral questions more like. They wanted to know how well we work in a team and how much hunger we have for knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you faced while doing your projects?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus, and they asked me about projects on my resume and other behavioral questions. The interviewer was friendly and the conversation was very casual. He asked me all behavioral questions and said the technical questions are on campus at Belton, TX. The interview was one on one and it last approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you solved a situation in a team project where not all members were not agreeing on something.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy. You just have to be yourself and show them you are confident in your skills and abilities. The interview was nice too, he didn't ask a lot of tricky questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.