CGI Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CGI Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI

2.6

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Paris (France)) in January 2016.

Interview

Trois entretiens rapides et réactifs :

1/ Ressources humaines (Présentation de l'entreprise par les RH. Evaluation du profil du candidat par rapport à la stratégie RH)
2/ Evaluation des compétences techniques
3/ Entretien avec un manager (présentation des activités opérationnelles)

Si tout est OK, proposition salariale.

Si tout est OK à nouveau, proposition de missions.

Interview Questions

• Présenter son parcours, ses principales expériences et compétences clés.   Answer Question

Negotiation

L'offre correspondait à la demande et s'alignait par rapport au marché.

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and had the first behavioral interview on campus. I was invited to their main office where I had three separate interviews with current CGI members, two technical and one behavioral.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First round was just about going through the resume and explaining the projects. Behavioral questions more like. They wanted to know how well we work in a team and how much hunger we have for knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you faced while doing your projects?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus, and they asked me about projects on my resume and other behavioral questions. The interviewer was friendly and the conversation was very casual. He asked me all behavioral questions and said the technical questions are on campus at Belton, TX. The interview was one on one and it last approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you solved a situation in a team project where not all members were not agreeing on something.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. I was the only CS person; everyone else was MIS or business. I was asked about a few softs and then did two brief 1:1 technical interviews. They were on the order of "Here are a few everyday objects. Can you pick out the computer?" The opportunities I was being considered for were unclear. The most specific thing I was told was "you are being considered for a technical role", which is about as helpful as describing the color of the money they use to pay salaries. Honestly I was just there for the practice talking to people and answering questions about myself. It's unclear whether this was a good use of my time, and I have no idea why they insisted on bringing me in to interview; I made it clear from the very beginning that I could not relocate.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy. You just have to be yourself and show them you are confident in your skills and abilities. The interview was nice too, he didn't ask a lot of tricky questions.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI (Raleigh, NC (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through company website and a week layer multiple HRs called for differnt locations.
    Interviewed for 2 different positions and total of 4 phone interviews and 2 video interviews. I also had an employee referral that I used.

Interview Questions

• Mostly design patterns and some client handling behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a preliminary interview on-campus at my university following a career fair. My interviewer was very friendly and the interview questions were straightforward. The interviewer asked me to share anecdotes illustrating how I would deal with different situations that might arise on the job. I am now waiting to hear back from them about having a more formal interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have had to deal with a difficult team member or partner.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.