CGI Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CGI Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

Le processus de recrutement se fait en 2 parties, la première concerne un entretien avec le futur manager. C'est un entretien classique où le manager cherche simplement à comprendre les raisons pour laquelle on a postulé à l'offre.
Ensuite, le second entretien se déroule avec la RH de la CGI, en parallèle avec un test de QI et de Français à faire en ligne.

Interview Questions

• Pouvez vous me citer une expérience où vous avez dû faire preuve d'ingéniosité et d'autonomie ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Two people, both with a list of themes to cover, ask rather light questions. the interview takes about 1 hour. Its more a generic interview that goes not too deep into technical details

Interview Questions

• what in all your professional career were you most proud of   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

its was nice and straight forward interview, more technical round and normal behavioral questions, there were couple of phone rounds and one on side visit interview ; more technical round and normal behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• more technical round and normal behavioral questions, there were couple of phone rounds and one on side visit interview   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Received a call within a week of applying, and had two follow up interviews. The interview panel consisted of 3 people, that took a bad and good cop approach. The questions were general questions everyone asks. I was familiar with the setup.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI in March 2011.

Interview

I had submitted resume online, and got called by recruiter, followed by a phone interview with team lead and project manager. They asked me some average java questions, and other general behavior questions. No code testing, or whiteboard, they were urgent for people.

Interview Questions

• technical details that only used by the project they are working on, which is hard to expect if you don't know their project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in March 2011.

Interview

I got a call through recruitment agency and they had scheduled me the interview with Logica (Acquired by CGI later in 2012). I went there for interview. Initially I had a communication round. It was just a screening round. After the initial communication round was done there was a first technical round. It was quite interesting where the interviewer started asking me all the questions from all the technologies and frameworks in Java. Finally there was a HR round to negotiate my salary and expectations.

The office was awesome. Work culture was perfect here. The timings are so flexible where we can manage our work and personal life as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty much straight forward and they covered all the technical areas. The difficult part which I felt was on EJB part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As every HR does they tried to negotiate on salary part and tried to convince. I proposed a figure and they said it was too high and finally they had given me a figure which was convincing and acceptable. It was a decent salary at that time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

45 min on campus interview.Mostly behavioral questions.Another on site interview both technical and behavioral questions.Basically they go through your resume and ask you questions based on that.we didn't really have enough time to go through all the questions so try to answer the questions efficiently and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• As far as i remember there was only one technical question about sorting through random numbers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Emails -> Career fair interview -> Emails -> On-site interview -> Emails -> Offer. The process seemed to take a very long time. About 3 months to go through all the steps.

Interview Questions

• General team skills and project management questions are not the easiest to answer. The technical questions that a software engineer would get are pretty simple OOP stuff. Might have to debug a simple program on paper. Nothing to be worried about though if you actually know c++/java.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Cleveland, OH (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I apply for the software engineer on campus career fair when cgi hr people come to our campus. When I submit my resume to them, they I have to apply online again for further consideration. I firstly received the notice about the interview schedule. While they changed the schedule later and finally they suddenly called me about 2 hours earlier than the scheduled time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

on campus interview(troy university), I hand over my resume and they asked a bunch of algorithm question and my personal projects. but I was poorly prepared so that I didn't impress those folks, a friend of mine answered smoothly who got the offer after an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Do you have any experience in Java (show projects that you have done)?   Answer Question
    • Two-Sum question (leet code). reverse a String(leet code).   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.