British American Tobacco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

British American Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated 8 Dec, 2017
232 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
68%
18%
14%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
63%
8%
8%
7
7
4
3

Difficulty

3.3
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy

Candidate Interview Reviews

Filter

Sort: PopularDateDifficulty

Filter

Sort: PopularDateDifficulty
  1.  

    Trade Marketing Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Paris (France)) in May-2017.

    Interview

    1h30 d'entretien avec deux responsables de département (cigarettes et tabac)
    Cas pratique sur DN/DV (analyse de tableaux DN et DV)
    Test excel sur le même cas (Recherche V, TCD)
    J'ai beaucoup appris de l'industrie, les responsables étaient jeunes et sympas, pas de question piège.

    Interview Questions

    • Questions de motivation: Pourquoi BAT?
      Pourquoi l'industrie du tabac?
      Quelques questions sur le packaging de produits et la commercialisation   Answer Question

  2.  

    Ingénieur Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontarlier (France)
    Declined Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Pontarlier (France)).

    Interview

    Le moins que l'on puisse dire c'est que le processus d'embauche est complet! J'ai complété mon profil sur le site internet de BAT. J'ai ensuite reçu une première invitation à remplir un questionnaire de culture pour évaluer mon profil. Une fois ce questionnaire repli, j'ai dû compléter un questionnaire de compréhension de texte et un autre de compréhension numérique. Mon CV à été ensuite étudié et j'ai eu un entretien téléphonique en anglais avec un membre des rh de l'entreprise. J'aurai un retour d'ici deux semaines pour convenir d'un entretien physique si mon profil est retenu.

    Interview Questions

    Reasons for Declining

    Le processus de recrutement étant toujours en cours je n'ai pas encore reçu d'offre.


  3. Helpful (2)  

    manager affaires publiques Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulogne-Billancourt (France)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Boulogne-Billancourt (France)) in December-2015.

    Interview

    J'ai ete appelle pour un entretien avec deux responsables RH. J'ai trouvé l'accueil particulièrement froid, les questions peu pertinentes et surtout le feed-back assez pauvre. Je pensais véritablement avoir l'expérience et les compétences requises et j'ai été déçue de ne pas avoir été donnée l'opportunité de passer à la prochaine étape.

    Interview Questions

    • N'avez-vous pas peur de ne pas retrouver un emploi après avoir travaillé pour l'industrie du tabac?   Answer Question

  4. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review


  5. Helpful (11)  

    Accounting Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY (US)).

    Interview

    Online testing, phone interview, interview, I am still waiting for response in regardence of the next cycle of interviews, they are professional but it takes to long the whole process is lasting up to now a month. B

    Interview Questions


  6. Helpful (7)  

    Recruiting Manager Interview

    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY (US)).

    Interview

    Structured with alot of probing, the Hiring Manager did not ask much technical questions as they probe more on what you explained through your work experience. The Hiring Managers are well versed with their business and sell very well on their job opportunities and career development

    Interview Questions

    • Tell me about yourself, your weakness, strength, achievements   1 Answer

  7. Helpful (33)  

    Logistic Coordinator Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Declined Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Interview

    There is was two part individual and team interview. On the individual part you should've take a test and also do an interview with the managements. Then on the team, there is was scenario / a case that the team needed to discuss about and come up with a recommendations and present the case.

    Interview Questions


  8. Helpful (7)  

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in March-2012.

    Interview

    1.Phoe interview
    2. Assessment for resolve in team and individually
    3.. You have to present your own solution, they are gonna make questions to know how you react to certain situations - This related with sales and marketing
    4. The case was no related with cigarettes, it was actually about candies.

    Interview Questions

    • Experiences in sales
      Expectations   1 Answer

  9. Helpful (3)  

    Accounts Assistant Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July-2009.

    Interview

    Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

    Interview Questions

    Negotiation

    Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.


  10. Helpful (6)  

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in November-2017.

    Interview

    The interview process already published online. I will only focus on 2 final rounds.
    The Assessment Center takes a whole day, from 9am to 7pm. There are 3 rounds, 2 in the morning, then lunch, then 1 in the afternoon.
    The 1st rounds is about team work. A case study of a drink company is presented and you have to choose the 2 best suppliers for the company. There are 6 suppliers and 6 critera to judge. Each candidates (6 in total) will be represent a department from the company, who are instructed to favor 1 supplier and disqualify 1 supplier. The point of the test is to evaluate the ability to work in team, respect, reason, protect idea, contributing idea, collaborating skill, not the result (examiners do not even ask about the result, they assess when you work and discuss).
    2nd round is about choosing investing plan. 3 investing plan are provided with different context, risk, opportunity. You have to break it down in 25 min, then present your opinion to 2 examiners. Again, it is not about the choice, it is about how you reason and support your claim. The examiner will try to shake your reason, hold on to it (of course with reason, support and claim).
    3rd round is about making marketing plan under time pressure. A 10 - page-or-more document provided including email, reference, some data. 55 min is allowed to read and prepare Powerpoint presentation (laptop and mouse provided, and it is shorter than you might think). Then you present your idea, execution plan. The point is to test your creativity and reasoning ability under pressure. Time management is crucial.

    Final Meeting with head of function is rather informal. It is all about you up to this point. Note that up to this point, it is not the matter of ability any more, it is the matter of commitment and orientation (you can't show them your career path that is way off track to what they provide, or any sign that you may have low commitment to the program). I suggest the 90-first-day plan to show your commitment. Be serious for what your say.

    And good luck!


  11.  

    Internship Finance Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Lausanne (Switzerland)).

    Interview

    i've applied online, and the got a mail to pass the cultural test. these are the steps

    Culture Questionnaire
    • Cognitive Tests – verbal and numerical reasoning
    • Telephone Interview
    • Leadership Preference Questionnaire
    • Face-to-face Interview
    • Assessment Exercises

    Interview Questions


Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a resume to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.