Bol.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Bol.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Bol.com

3.2

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bol.com.

Interview

First step was a application by cover letter and cv, then a short phone call. First meeting with hiring manager, then personality test and capacity test. Then a case also, and another meeting to present your case.

Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bol.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2020.

Interview

First contact with a very nice person, but there was alot of chatter and office noises in the background. The nice person was sadly quite hard to understand due to that noise level.

They expect "above average" in their Tests (mind, logical thinking, programming) but offer "far below average" salary.

Interview Questions

• Does this sound good to you? (The nice office, the "free time" for the young professionals, the switching teams,...)
      The first contact was relly good and they really care, but beyond that not so much.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bol.com (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a phone call with the HR to know why i've applied to the company, after that there was a Skype call with a manager and an engineer for more technical questions. After the initial interviews there was some HR tests for IQ and Personality and a technical assignment that you can do from home and have some days to finish it, the last interview is a discussion about the project you've submitted.

All the interviewers where very polite and friendly and everything was very organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

• How would you escalate your application through several servers?   Answer Question
    • Why you used functional programming and immutability approach?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bol.com in August 2019.

Interview

One of the best experiences I had. They ask you a very interesting tech challenge that I actually had pleasure building.

HR was very polite and handling all sort of things the best possible way, always open and ready to understand any concern.

Interview with Manager and other software engineer was also very smooth, they showed a high degree of appreciation of what I done in my challenge, asking all questions very respectfully.

Honestly, it was really hard to decline the offer because after the process I WANTED to work for them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bol.com (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process is quite simple:

1. First interview
    2. Some Puzzles and PAPI sort of test
    3. Coding challenge that you can do at home
    4. Technical interview followed by Hr interview

Well, the thing is they initially told me that we have lots of Java positions at mediocre and senior level. And, during my rejection they told me I am a kind of mediocre Java developer so they can't proceed ahead.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bol.com (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter. first interview with a it manager. it was a non technical interview. after that I was given ability and personality test. after submission of these, I was given a technical assignment which was supposed to be submitted before a technical interview. all went fine but did not receive any update after that about the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bol.com (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in April 2019.

Interview

I completed a test task at home, a game and was invited to a technical interview. There we discussed my solution. The people were friendly and I felt comfortable. We used Skype.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the questions were why I used relatively old technologies (spring mvc + jsp) and not those that boll.com would like to see(rest + angular). Although in the requirements was clearly written, use the technologies that you consider necessary.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I completed the test task at home, and I was invited for two interviews in Skype, one with HR, the second with engineers on the same day. On the day of the interview, HR called me and transferred both sessions to the next week without any additional comments. However, the initial scheduled interview took place, since I happened to be in front of my computer, and they called me from the ball. com and said that they had confusion. The interview with HR went well, the technical interview did not go very well, but all the people were friendly and I feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were about my solution. Why did i choose old technology stack (spring mvc + jsp) instead of rest + angular. However in requirements was clearly stated - please use what you want.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bol.com (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview started with initial discussion, then 2nd level some online tests, coding test and then final interview.

First discussion is will be normal introduction, if you pass on this. then will be given online test, which you really need to score well and it will need some of your brain power. if you pass this stage , then will be given coding challange followed by a final interview

Interview Questions

• online test expectation is high, coding will also be good quality challange   Answer Question

IT Young Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bol.com (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in January 2019.

Interview

First, phone interview, around 20 mins. Then online test for evaluating both personality and ability (inductive logic, deductive logic and short memory). Later second interview on Skype with the recruiter and a manager. It lasted about 1h, the online tests were only briefly mentioned, as the results I got were quite good. I took an online assignment for coding skills evaluation. Finally, I had a technical interview with another manager and a Young Professional. They gave me another technical assignment (it was about adding a hypotetical new feature to the system) and we discussed for about half an hour. Later I received a call from the recruiter who said I got rejected and provided me a feedback about the last interview: they thought my technical questions were good, but they were expecting a more managerial approach (the questions they wanted me to ask were something like "is this convenient for the company?" or "apart from the implementation, what are the practical limits for this new feature?"). Honesly, I was not expecting this kind of approach for a Young Professional position.

Interview Questions

• Why the Netherlands? Why bol.com? What do you think you can bring to the company? Why are you interested in this position? Are you familiar with Scrum? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.