Black & McDonald Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Black & McDonald Interview Questions

Updated 14 Aug, 2018

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & McDonald (Toronto, ON) in January-2016.

Interview

It was really easy and relaxed, they me asked basic questions about my resume. There were some behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. All around, a pretty normal and laid back interview. I wish all interviews could be like this one

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & McDonald (Scarborough, ON) in September-2012.

Interview

Phone interview which was very basic HR questions and lead to asking about my past and current experience. Asked about my interest in appyling and interest in Project Management. Ended with asking about my salary expectations and start date.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Black & McDonald (Winnipeg, MB).

Interview

Single interview, Solid company introduction. Detailed questions of overall scope of work were asked. Positive conversation. Open conversation regarding business operation and atmosphere. Relaxed discussiom. Discussed expected and actual role if hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel approximately 10 per cent of time.-   2 Answers

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & McDonald (Toronto, ON) in July-2012.

Interview

My interview lasted for around 25- 30minutes with HR manager and Operations manger. They asked me various questions about my past experience, some technical questions related to industry and my experience with the ERP, scheduling and project management software. They asked about my availability, expectations and if I had a car and a valid drivers license to drive around on various sites.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with using ERP and Scheduling software?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & McDonald.

Interview

1 on 1 interviews with potential superior
    Panel interviews for validation
    No personality test. I could not had more comments for confidential reasons and to leave you some room for distinguishing you from other candidates. Be genuine and listen to your interviewers : then you show them what is good for Black and McDonald.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & McDonald (Ottawa, ON) in March-2018.

Interview

The interview Process was very professional. Overall my interview was 45 minutes long being conducted by my HR Rep and division manager. During my interview, the questions asked were questions that really made me think. I did not have generic questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a post secondary failure, and what did you take from it.   Answer Question

Black & McDonald Response

12 Sep, 2018 – Corporate Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for sharing your positive experience interviewing with Black & McDonald. We believe that people are our organization’s greatest asset and strive to demonstrate this commitment through our... More

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & McDonald.

Interview

My initial phone screening was rushed and the lady acted like a drill sergeant! My first impression was to cancel my in person because I had a feeling this company wasn't going to be worth my time. I was correct in that assumption because after my in-person interview I was told to complete a personality assessment and wait to hear back. I waited for month's to get an answer and that never happened. Black & Mcdonald is by far the most unprofessional company I have encountered in my entire career. They would lie and tell me that I was still being considered and then never got back to me. I would call and send several emails and I would get zero responses. The only reason I knew I wasn't being considered anymore was based on checking Linkedin to see that someone already got the job. Please do not waste your time with this company, it's clear that they don't respect their applicants, so you can imagine how they treat and respect their employees.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you based on your resume?   1 Answer

Black & McDonald Response

18 Jul, 2018 – Corporate Human Resources Administrator

We apologize for your experience interviewing with Black & McDonald. We sincerely believe that people are our organization’s greatest asset, which makes the recruitment and interview process... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.