Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

4,764 Interview Reviews

2.4

Vendeur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Quebec, QC) in June 2015.

Interview

vous fait rencontrer avec 3 gérants et vous fait marcher dans le centre commercial tout en faisant l'embauche pour tester vos capacité et vous déplacer dans une foule et rester concentré. (et cela vous rend plus honnête durent l'entretien)

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mount Laurel, NJ (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Quick, Easy with a fast-paced response from management. I applied online through their application and personality test. I was then offered an in-store interview where I was interviewed by the manager of the department and then the general manager of the store. I was given my decision within 30 minutes of the two-part interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an appropriate tactic when selling a product to a customer... something along those lines   5 Answers

Computer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chula Vista, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It's different for every store but the questions are kinda similar mostly they want to know your experiences and how you would act in certain situations in a workplace, if you have a not interested or not energetic manager it can be a little tense and awkward, they only really care about three things, 1. Availability how much and when can you work. 2. your knowledge going in already. 3. For sales positions how confident and easy going you are cause your job is talking.

Be confident know your stuff going in and tell them what they want to here, your GM is really who you want to impress since he makes all the decisions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with, what happened and how did you overcome the situation.   5 Answers

Computer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Midlothian, VA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was relatively fast. Went through entire process in less than a week. I didn't end up getting the job but I feel I was given a fair chance.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should happen to a coworker that is caught stealing? [or similar theft question]   2 Answers

Computer Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

Dress nicely. They appreciate it.There are three interviews. First, the supervisor over the department that you are applying for, then the manager over that department, and then the general manager over the entire store. After each interview, if they are no longer interested in hiring you, you will not have the second or third interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could work in any department in the store, which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Before the interviews, you will be given several acronyms to remember for the interviews.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the GM interview, you will be offered an hourly wage. I was given the opportunity to discuss and possibly negotiate this wage, but was satisfied with what was offered and did not pursue that.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dublin, GA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Swift, insightful, and pleasant. After Applying for the same position several times, I was called in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. We talked about the position, the future of the company and the type of technology I'll be using. There was some brief banter and then we talked about my experience. Afterwards the manager explained what they planned to do regarding the department moving forward.

I was told they had to review and interview several other applicants and they would call me once they finished. A week or so later I was called and given an offer. The offer consisted of signing a digital offer sheet, background check application, and taking a drug screen. The orientation was the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you dealt with a problematic customer?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Dept. manager 1 on 1. Offered seasonal employment on the spot. No salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Why you would want to work here.......   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just go in and be yourself. And by yourself, I mean someone else.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Memphis, TN (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

They call, you sit, if they like you, you get called again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for 2 dollars more an hour and sold myself with knowledge of the company goals and objectives. Always best to research a company your looking at.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pasadena, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

There are three interviews stages. Generally, if they call you for a second interview, you're hired. The questions are pretty general interview questions, such as "How are you qualified for the position you're applying for?" and "Why should we hire you for the position?"

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aventura, FL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR, then it took them a while to get back to me. I came in and they said they had two jobs they were hiring for, so I would be meeting with two different teams. I had 30-45 minute interview with 4 different people. It took them a few weeks before they wrapped up their process and I received my offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you miss the deadline?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.