Bechtel Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Bechtel Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bechtel

2.6

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was conducted at a hotel during a Hiring Fair. They needed a bunch of people for an assignment. I picked up a number and waited for the interview to start. They really needed people so almost everyone that applied was hired. This is the best bet for those that are looking to get an interview with Bechtel.

Interview Questions

• The questions that were asked were easy and straight forward. If you have done any interviews at all then you should have no problem at all. One question the interviewer was really asking everyone and seemed to want a specific answer was, "What is was your main focus of study?" She was really looking for me to say that I was focused mainly on structures. I can't really say that the interview was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate they were stuck on the benefits and there was no way I was going to get anything higher.

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call from London, UK Civil Division HQ. Scheduled a phone interview, and then interviewed in person at a project site in USA. Then received offer shortly thereafter, and project assignment four months after that. Project location was not determined until a few weeks before I departed for international location, as I did not interview for a specific project but rather the position. Stressing your flexibility is recommended, and important if you want to be considered for a starting position.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected, but not difficult to answer: Place 4 Items In Order of Priority: Schedule, Cost, Quality, Safety   2 Answers

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, did not want to negotiate, you can try but for entry level positions offer prices are fairly standardized and inflexible.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel in February 2013.

Interview

Talked to a company representative at a career fair and had an on campus interview the next day. A few week later I went to the company's office for a second round of interviews. I had three interviews with various engineers and had lunch with an early career hire.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Nice team, first meet with HR manager, and the team lead, lastly group meeting. very informative. The whole process is smooth from the day i submitted my resume to phone interview and to group interview, no lagging in between, they don't keep you hanging on or waiting. very great experience.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

phone interview only

low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Montreal, QC) in February 2018.

Interview

First you start by doing an assessment online which you should pass or something then you get to the second stage which was a digital interview with 6 questions on Hirevue, which is kind of weird since you are talking to the webcam. I found it very uncomfortable to do.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.