BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at BNY Mellon

1,269 Interview Reviews

2.6

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Brussels (Belgium)) in December 2015.

Interview

Entretient RH de une heure suivi d'un entretient manager moins formel d'une demie heure. En général le vendredi matin avec une réponse de leur part l'après midi pour commencer à travailler le lundi.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi avoir postulé pour ce poste et pourquoi BNY Mellon   Answer Question

Settlement Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2017.

Interview

Pour ce poste, j'ai été contactée via une agence de recrutement. Cette dernière, après avoir analysé mon cv, l'a transmis à la BNY Mellon. Malgré le fait que ma formation initiale ne convienne pas, mon cv a quand même été sélectionnée et j'ai été convoquée pour un entretien.

Interview Questions

• Pouvez-vous expliquer le fonctionnement de la BNY Mellon ?   Answer Question

Corporate Trust Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was far easier than I had expected. They asked me to walk them through my resume and talk about my interests, but they did not expect me to know much if anything about what Corporate Trust actually was. Most of the interview was simply me asking them questions about the work they did and then listening to their responses. I was able to get the job simply by way of curiosity and basic professionalism.

Corporate Trust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

The applied online and with two days someone called to set up a phone interview. The interview was being conducted by an individual overseas. The interview to me went pretty good I was well informed about the position. I was told I would received a phone call within 3 days to set up another interview but I never heard anything back. I called HR but it was very useless.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty straight forward   2 Answers

Corporate Trust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

This was by far one of the best interviews i've had. met with several people...in total i met with 11 people overall. i heard nothing but great things about working there. they do repeat the same questions but make sure you are consistant. they make you feel comfortable!

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 different groups simultaneously. Relationship Managers picked who they liked best. Now hiring is done with a manager with no say from the Relationship manager.

Negotiation

Not much negiotation can be done. HR has standards in what they can offer in terms of salary increases (was an internal hire)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Hiring Manager asked a few questions regarding my background. Then Relationship Manager asked a few questions regarding my transactions understanding and history. I could tell the goal was to figure out if i would need training. very busy office, many different "jobs" within a title

Interview Questions

• Describe my last role - basically, tell me how you can do this job independently   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered salary within a band from HR via phone call.

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I got the job thru recruiter. Group interview. My interview was scheduled for three interviwers but end up only two. It was original a rotation interview but end up both interviewers joined and asking all questions. I was very relaxed and A all answers. They offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the function of Corporate Trust?   2 Answers

Negotiation

easy

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 managers interviewed me for over an hour. They took many notes and suggestions on how to inspire and continuously motivate and encourage a team. They also took my suggestions on how to increase moral. They were very impressed with how well read on leadership books that I am and the tools I have used to develop a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous managerial experience.   2 Answers

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the head manager and the guy I would directly be working for. They had a list of questions in front of them that they used. It was mostly just behavioral type questions. I am straight out of college so I don't have any experience, so the only job related questions they asked me was "what do you know about corporate trust?"

Interview Questions

• What was one time you did something that other people disagreed with and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.