BC Public Service Environmental Protection Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 46 interviews

Interviews at BC Public Service

Negative100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

BC Public Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at BC Public Service (Surrey, BC) in Jun 2016

Interview

I applied online for an Environmental Protection Officer role with the Ministry of Environment in April 2016. One month later I was notified by e-mail that I progressed to pre-screening and was required to complete an online skills test. One month after completing this test I was advised that I progressed to the next stage and was required to attend a 3 hour interview in Surrey the following week (I live in the BC interior). One month after completing the interview I still didn't know if I was successful but knew from my references that they had been contacted. After contacting the MOE I received a template e-mail saying that although the role had been offered to another candidate, I was placed on an eligibility list and would be contacted if any other vacancies came up.

Interview Questions
  • Pre-screening: A variety of technical questions related to environmental management (1 hour). In-person written test: Read and respond to a public complaint about a permitted facility (30 minutes). In-person panel interview: Answer a variety of behavioural questions related to service orientation, results orientation, planning and organization, leadership style and stakeholder relationships (45 minutes). In-person video conference: Explain why you are the best candidate for the role and answer a variety of questions related to experience and technical knowledge.
    Answer Question