Avaya Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Avaya Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Avaya

3.1

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Avaya in March 2012.

Interview

Difficult and strenuous. 8 Interviews over a 9 month period. Once I survived the first round of 4 interviews the position was no longer available. When the position reopened, I had to interview 4 more times. Some of the interviews were good, many were with individuals I respect, however their demeanor was condescending. I realized later that some interviewers try to get a rise out of the interviewee to see how they might handle a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• What questions you might pose with customers to uncover their business issues?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in June 2015.

Interview

Phone and video-conference interviews with hiring managers and peers. First interviewed with HR, basic phone screen. Next a one-on-one with the hiring manager which went very well by his feedback. Next a group video-conference which was very strange. Avaya has you download their video-conference client, which may or may not be supported by your browser/OS environment. Make sure you test it thoroughly long before your meeting. Even then it may still give you problems.
    The group was made up of a peer, the hiring manager, his peer, and his boss.
    Some of the people were on video, others on cell phone only - communication issues were challenging. Questions were presented along the lines of "describe how you deal with X or Y". There did not seem to be a logical order and they admitted to "breaking script".
    The biggest concern - one of the group was using the video-conference chat sidebar to talk about me as I was answering questions. apparently unaware that I could see everything he was typing.
    This had a very distracting effect for me. Perhaps that was by design, but I found it very unprofessional. Further, I would have expected senior level sales engineers to be familiar with how video-conference features work, particularly when they are of their own design.
    Though I was not made an offer, I did not follow up after this call and likely would not have accepted.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult - standard "How do you deal with objections" type of stuff.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

First round: HR basic questions
    Second round: HR and scenario questions. Basic experience talks
    3rd round: regional manager, For a feel of the interviewee sort of interview

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Avaya (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The Regional Sales Leader was knowledgeable about Avaya and the job description. Hopefully the description will be as explained. High pressure, exceptionally nepotistic senior management, too much focus on tactical and not enough on strategic issues,

Interview Questions

• What are you objectives and goals?   1 Answer

Spoke with current employees.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was tough; took 6 rounds but it was a great process. Great test of technical skills through a number of technical review with senior technical leadership and soft skills with senior business leadership.

Interview Questions

• What would be the few things you would do during the first 30 days onboard?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Avaya (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

I did not go through the normal process so I have very little insight to provide. I was head hunted for the role at that point in time. I did have a conversation with the ANZ MD over a beer as confirmation to see if I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• General Background conversation and thoughts on "things".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avaya (Montreal, QC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then a physical interview with a power point presentation. The contact was very friendly. I went to the second stage of the process, that is a power point presentation. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me but the recruiter was kind enough to call me by phone in order to let me know what my weak point happened to be and encouraged me to work on them. He also encouraged me to keep applying for other positions at Avaya. It was a good experience.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in October 2014.

Interview

It consisted of three phases

1) one-to-one interview with the outsorcing company (PROBECARIOS)

2) Groupal Assessment, where we were put in teams of 3 people and had to present a business case, and try to sell it to the board (I think this was the most difficult stage)

3) Interview with the Pre-Sales managers in Mexico

Interview Questions

• What do you think it is the most importan thing for success?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.