Aurora Cannabis Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aurora Cannabis

Aurora Cannabis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis

Interview

Communication was consistent. HR was always available and the process was super smooth from first contact to completion. It was never more than a day or weekend between emails as we scheduled zoom calls and sent supporting documentation to the company.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your resume and work experience
    1 Answer

Aurora Cannabis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis

Interview

There was a screening call with an HR person, who sounded like she was doing damage control around the company's employer brand reputation. Then there was a video interview with the hiring manager plus the HR person present.

Interview Questions
  • From your past experience, whose leadership style do you admire the most and why?

Aurora Cannabis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis

Interview

Pleasant, intelligent questions about the Canadian cannabis industry and political and regulatory situation. Submitted online, received call screening with initial questions. Interview held on site with direct manager and assistant.

Interview Questions
  • Knowledge of cannabis legislation, provincial and federal political situation, knowledge of French.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Applied online. HR did a phone interview with me and booked another phone interview for me and the VP. I joined the conference call number that was provided, along with the VP. HR joined about 10 minutes late. After 20 minutes, another candidate joined the same conference bridge for their own interview so my interview ended abruptly. Questions were good and the VP was very engaging and seemed interested in my responses. I felt I did a good job of providing responses that were genuine. After the interview I sent a thank you email but received no response or a rejection. Please consider at least sending a rejection email to candidates. When you invest time and effort into preparing for an interview it’s so disappointing when you don’t even hear back with a rejection.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2019

Interview

Friendly, good conversation and open atmosphere. They showed the whole facility and we had a good conversation about instrumentation. They took a while to get back to me which was a bit unfortunate, but they did explain the reasoning.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2019

Interview

First interview was over Skype, fairly simple interview with four people. Lasted approximately 45 minutes. Some technical questions regarding experience and skills in molecular biology techniques and plant cultivation. Second in-person interview was very informal and more of a general conversation, got to know the team members and learned more about the various projects and team goals. Also involved a fairly simple laboratory test.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with RNA/DNA isolation and qPCR?
  • Have you ever performed tissue culture and what do you know of aseptic technique?
  • Do you have any experience in growing and maintaining plants?

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis (Saskatoon, SK) in Oct 2019

Interview

Applied online through their website. I received a call for a phone interview but they just quickly asked where i was working, why I was leaving, and when I would be able to start working for Aurora. Then, the HR manager set up an interview time for me. I was interviewed by the HR manager Logan and harvest manager, Evan.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you believe you are qualified for this position?
  • Why are you interested in this position?
  • Where was the most exciting place you have ever travelled to?
  • What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
3 people found this interview helpful

Aurora Cannabis

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis

Interview

First phone interview. It took couple of weeks to invite for in-person interview. I answered all the questions very well but they informed me almost more than a month later that they hired someone else. The wait time was too long and frustrating.

Interview Questions
  • How does your previous writing experience can help you with your new role?
2 people found this interview helpful

Aurora Cannabis

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis in Aug 2019

Interview

I have never experienced such unprofessional behaviour in an interview setting as I did with Aurora. The interviewer showed up over 30 minutes late and acted like he was doing me a favour by being there. Completely disorganized, unprepared, and unaware. Did you even take 2 minutes to glance at my resume before storming in? I feel like I dodged a bullet because it likely foreshadowed the management style at the org... I wish I had walked out and saved my time for a company that treats people with respect.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Cannabis (Edmonton, AB) in Aug 2019

Interview

The Interview process started with initial screening and a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. After 2-3 weeks it was followed by an interview with one of the memberships in the leadership team.

Interview Questions
  • Experience working on Cloud technologies and then a scenario based discussion.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews