AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor.ca

AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Manchester, England

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Manchester, England (UK)) in July-2015.

Interview

I applied online and the process was very long (>5 months). In April, I responded to one of the online advertisement on AZ's career site. The phone screen was conducted around 3 weeks after the job deadline with two hiring managers. After long silence, I was invited to apply for another job that was more related to my background and was invited directly for an on-site interview 3 weeks after the deadline in June. I confirmed and attended the on-site interview in the UK in July and was told that the decision will be made when all the candidates have been interviewed. The interview was very well organized, started with a presentation of my work and followed by meeting various groups of scientists. The memorable experiences were also the technical interview with two senior members and the behavioral interview with the hiring managers. Technical questions are closely related to the role and there has been a lot of insightful discussions regarding how the projects should be designed and conducted. My personal feeling was that there are no 'correct' answers, as long as you could justify your answers with plausible reasoning. The offer was made in September and I accepted it after negotiation and confirming the relocation support.

Interview Questions

• What would you focus on when designing a therapy, the mechanisms or the therapeutic effects?
      Tell me one recent paper that you found interesting.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Very friendly staff. Assessment day consisted of an interview and a group exercise. The interview was conducted by two process engineers, one from product development and one fro chemical development. Started off with competency based questions then technical questions. The group activity consisted of a group discussion and then the second task was to build a bridge made of spaghetti and marshmallows.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions. Technical questions involved mass and energy balances over simply process units. One question was regarding the operation of a batch reactor and another was on a tablet coater.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.