AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 17 May, 2017

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager then in-person interview with Hiring Manager and peer. Phone interview had very basic questions. Live interview questions are based on their "values" and other standard behavioral questions. They require answers in STAR format. I recently interviewed for two separate positions. Both times I felt there was something lacking in the process, and the follow-up, despite having things in writing, was non-existent. I actually got an automated email saying the position was filled the day before one interview was scheduled but was able to confirm the interview. No offers yet but no communication either way despite follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exhibited integrity. Tell me about a time you reacted to a change in the external business environment (had to change a project or business strategy).   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in May-2015.

Interview

Usual process, with phone screen and 1x1 interviews. Presentation, panel discussion, meetings with all managers and the group. Very good people, very professional and pleasant experience

Operations and IT Global Development Graduate Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. If you pass the phone interview an in person interview follows. The in person interview consisted of a presentation made before the interview, case study, group exercise, and a behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know specifically about AstraZeneca's IT and global Procurement Departments?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

I got a call directly from HR to schedule a phone interview. Two weeks after the phone interview, I was invited to an on site interview.

During the on site interview, I was told to give a presentation about my PhD research work. After the presentation, there was a technical interview, which they asked my questions from the papers they sent over to me before hand. All tough and brain storming questions. After the technical interview, there were a behavioral interview section and lab tours. The on site interview took about 5 hours total. Everyone I met was really friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a proposed project and asked me how I would design experiments to tackle the questions during phone interview. Same project and more in-depth questions were asked during on-site interview.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

After I filled out the application I received an email two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called and we spoke for about 20 minutes. We went over my résumé, education, current and previous job responsibilities. She asked about my driving record and if I had any moving violations in the last 5 years. She wanted to know my current salary and what my salary expectations were. She went over the training process and what the next steps were and at the end gave me time to ask any other questions. After that I records an email to take two assessments. If I'm chosen to move forward they'll schedule a face to face interview with the manager and go from there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best person for this position?   Answer Question
    • STAR question: share a recent work experience where you had to give a presentation.   Answer Question

Life Sciences Solutions Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

Applied for the position through the corporate website, was called for initial interview and met with 2 hiring managers. After this interview within a week I was notified by email and asked to fill out an employment application. Quickly after that, I was asked in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you a good fit for this position (on the web application submission form)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in April-2015.

Interview

Phone interview for around 40 minutes included going through my educational background and credentials, as well as my work throughout my Ph.D. I described what we do in our lab and described how my experience would fit the position and would help gain further insight into the pharmaceutical industry world. I also got some technical questions with regard to modeling and simulation, statistics and software use.

Interview Questions

• Education background, work experience, exposure to industry-like work, some technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager Brand Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March-2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email from the hiring manager's admin to schedule time for me to meet and interview with the hiring manager and also that manager's boss, the head of the department. On the day of the interview, I only got to interview one of these people, however. Something "came up" with the hiring manager. And they never explained what happened and never contacted me since. I felt dissatisfied because the interview I did have was overly focused on odd behavioral questions which could have been covered in a screening phone call (which wasn't done) and not at all focused on the job itself. I had hoped that two face to face interviews with the managers would involve more discussion of the actual work and their objectives. Maybe they already had someone in mind or knew I wasn't right for the job. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career path and highlight your biggest professional accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced at work where there was no clear right or wrong answer, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to make a last minute change in plans with a project and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Straight forward. Online application. Phone screen asking basics. Second was the personality profile. Finally, a face to face with two DMs. I'm told some people had two face to face interviews. After that a ride along and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an ethical dilemma you have faced at work?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview lasted 17 minutes to be exact and was nothing more than a brief overview of my background and accomplishments. I was told to look for a 200 question personality assessment in the next day or so and if you pass the assessment you will be emailed a more detailed application to fill out. I made it through the entire process and wasn't even given an opportunity to interview with them face to face which was disappointing but this is how companies operate these days.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to do a presentation.   Answer Question