Interview Question

Head of Business Development Interview

-Oslo

Gelato

As some other person posted here interviewers were pretending to be tough which was quite funny. They some how want to get to a point where you feel discomfortable. After I have met with Product owner, CMO and HR person, they decided to get me meet with CEO. I must say he is the most arrogant idiot I have come across. I have spent about 15 mins with me, which is the most wasted time in my life. He just want to behave like he is the perfect person on the planet. And he went on for those 15 mins trying to tell me that since I am relaxed I am not interested in working there. I mean, what sort of an idiot will generalize that people should be nervous if they are interested in the job? He asked me if my parents are alive and when I said yes, he said his father passed away couple of years ago or so and thats the reason he became mature and I am immature for the same reason. I mean common!!! Since I went from a different location to Norway I quitely left it, had it been in sweden I would have taken this up with the union as he was quite offending in the interview

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

6 Answers

I got to offer stage which was withdrawn within a few days. Little help was given to research things like taxation which seems like normal considerations for anyone moving countries for a job. I am not a native norwegian so language differences slowed my research down. This seems really a strange practice but I later found more than one contact who were victims of the same thing- having offers revoked within days. Best guess is that this is a deliberate hiring strategy to look for people who are so compliant and in love with the company that they will ignore such personal risk. The other perspective is that perhaps you end up attracting desperate candidates. It doesn't feel like a respectful way to treat people.

Anonymous on

This answer above sums up all the experiences here. This account cannot be managed by Gelato for obvious reasons, as this is candidates and employees providing their feedback. You may search for what ever you want in the candidate but as many mentioned its not about what you look for, and its about how you treat people. Again the same thing that you handle 3000 applications or what ever. Stop bragging about it, team and people are utmost important for success of any organization. I have just started a startup and posted for a position and received more than 25 applications already. People responding to you means they are interested in your product or company or role at the outset. What they get after meeting you is what we are talking about here. For god's sake, please stop showing attitude when you are still nothing yet

Anonymous on

Totaly agree that their recruitment process is not structured and CEO is not a nice person to do this job

Totaly agree on

We have just been made aware of these reviews – this account is not managed by Gelato. All feedback is valuable and thus we appreciate these comments and the time it has taken to submit them. While we strive to make interviewing at Gelato a positive and constructive experience, sometimes the interview doesn’t work out. Sometimes personalities don’t match or we search for something different than the candidate represents. We handled over 3000 applications in the last 12 months and conducted hundreds of interviews. The feedback we have been getting directly has been overwhelmingly positive. Agreeing on specific terms and conditions must work out for both parties. Negotiating an offer is a part of the recruitment process – both sides learn something valuable about the other party. Although unfortunate for both sides, these negotiations sometimes show that what looked like a good fit isn’t one.

Anonymous on

It's clear to me now that Gelato Group has a very low hiring rate because of one thing only: Insane CEO. I would recommend anyone considering Gelato Group to avoid it at all costs.

Anonymous on

And as ironic as it can get, CEO mentioned 3 times in a 7-8 mins chat that they had got rejected 1000 people last year with people from Insead and all, I mean come on, so what??

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.