ArcelorMittal Dofasco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

ArcelorMittal Dofasco Interview Questions

Interviews at ArcelorMittal Dofasco

2.8

Distribution Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco.

Interview

2 interviews. Long time ago. I really can't remember, but I do recall the trumpets and fanfare about what a great company it is to work for, how well their people are treated...guess in Admin they might well be.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you been working in distribution, any steel experience. etc.   Answer Question

Temporary Labourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in April 2018.

Interview

First you get an email saying you've been selected for their aptitude assessment. The assessment consists of teamwork-related questions and simulated factory work exercises.

If you pass the assessment you will enter the casual pool. Shortly afterwards you will be contact for an interview for one of the various departments in both the Primary and Finishing divisions. You may have multiple interviews as there is internal competition for job postings. But sooner or later they'll find a place for you.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you made a mistake at work and describe the steps you took to mend it.   Answer Question

Process Reliability Coordinator Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in April 2018.

Interview

Very casual interview. Started off by the generic tell me about yourself question. Focused on past work experience and interviewers were very easy as they know this is a co-op position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a hazard in a workplace and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Computer Systems Anal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in November 2017.

Interview

It was easy. Interviewers are friendly and understanding. They always tried to make comfortable environment. Then, they asked me some questions which were very typical.
    There are series of questions with different types.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application through university, in person interview including a few easy technical questions meant to test background knowledge and problem solving. Job offer came pretty promptly after the interview.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through university career website. Two workers from the department came to visit the university campus for the interview. Did around 30 min~1hr interviews. They asked technical, interpersonal and integrity questions.

Process Reliability Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in December 2016.

Interview

Began with sending a resume, followed by a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. The phone interview involved primarily behavioural questions focused around teamwork and team management. This was by far the most difficult step of the interview process, as the questions were very specific, and I felt that some of my answers were a bit of a stretch simply because I didn't have experiences that perfectly matched the situations they asked about. The in-person interview was much less formal, involved them trying to get a feel for me. Overall, the interview process was very thorough, and I was extremely impressed by the individuals who interviewed me. The last stage - the in-person interview - felt more like a two-way conversation, and the individuals who conducted the interview were very friendly and extremely helpful in giving me an impression of what the job would entail.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email and was asked to fill out a time limited (90 minute) extensive On-Line multiple choice questionnaire about hypothetical project issues or situations that may arise within a large business setting.
    I completed the on-line survey on Friday and Monday morning was informed that I was not selected to proceed further in the process. I guess I messed up the questions.

Interview Questions

• All of your colleagues have completed their work for the day but you are aware that you have internal customer meetings that you will not be able to complete by the end of the day. What do you do?   2 Answers

Equipment Reliability Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in July 2016.

Interview

Once my application was accepted, I received a notification. First step was an online 1 hour management and team working quiz to see approach to working on projects and leadership skills.

Next, was an in person interview with a 3 person panel. A combination of behavioural, technical and experience related questions were asked. Interviewers were all potential team members and managers.

Last was an another in person interview and facility tour. Interview was with department heads and the maintenance foreman. Very laid back interview with more personal questions to get to know the candidate better, see how I'd be a good or bad fit for the team, chance to ask more questions about the company/role and opportunity to see the kind of equipment I'd be in charge of. Agreed on the salary expectations and if there was a match. Great experience overall. Interview ended with them saying that I did well so far and that they'd make a decision by next week.

Interview Questions

• What do you like doing in your free time   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you witnessed a safety violation and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Unfortunately, what they offered was closer to a new grad's annual income. Given my experience and qualifications, I had asked for certain salary. They had agreed to this but decided to offer me $25,000 short of what was agreed. I was very disappointed and decided to go for another offer which was $30,000 more. They had also mentioned that there were other candidates lined up so they needed an answer asap. I did not feel that they truly value what I was bringing to the table.

IT Analyst - SAP SD Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in March 2016.

Interview

I got this f2f interview thru an online application. First I was given an online assessment to finish then the HR set the interview for me through emails. There were two sessions, first a general project manager together with a SAP FI lead met with me and asked some behaviour and scope-related questions and it's very ease. Then two of the team members came in and replaced them to further questions on more details and they seemed foxy and not so friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the differences between Steel industry and your previous manufacturing sector?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.