ArcelorMittal Dofasco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 35 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Application

I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Interview

The total process took 3 weeks. Had to do an online behavioural screen first, after which I was offered an interview. The online screen was all multiple choice. I was referred to interview for another role following my interview.

Interview Questions
  • Well prepared interview. Asked questions about resume, program, and interest in position/company. Had a chance to meet numerous hiring managers hiring for different roles.
    Answer Question

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco in Mar 2022

Interview

Application I applied online in Sept 2021. I have been interviewed in March. Still, I did not get any kind of response. I was ghosted. The process was super slow. The big company, but lower (no) values Interview experience The interview was moderate, but the interviewer had no knowledge that international students are not allowed to work full-time during their studies and working part-time was negative for him. Another thing, I thought, it is an international company so it should be diverse culturally. But it is the opposite of that. It can be seen easily in their videos - no color. They hire mostly relatives of the employees who have been working there ( in their videos, and employees' reviews on glassdoor). How a company can progress??!!!! Where is the opportunity for new people? Canada is a diverse country but not Dofasco.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks from when I applied to the final feedback letting me know that they decided to proceed with another candidate. There was a request to do an online assessment that takes about an hour and then a couple of days later they contacted to schedule a video interview. I interviewed with two individuals from the department and the interview was very standard and the individuals were friendly. A week later they let me know they decided to move forward with another candidate. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Run us through your resume Tell us about a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.
2 people found this interview helpful

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco in May 2021

Interview

Very thorough and personal. Not stressful, as the interviewers genuinely want to know more about you, rather then grill you with typical interview questions. They also share their own experiences and relate to your background when possible, which was very nice. Genuinely feels like your building a relationship.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you experience conflict in the workplace and the steps you took to resolve it?

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Interview

The interview consisted of multiple stages the first was a video interview with pre-recorded questions and the second was an in-person interview meeting with 2 individuals. Great process and great interview personal.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco

Interview

Online and recorded interview. Great at providing feedback and guidance. Really helpful team with a good amount of interesting questions for students. Very open to contact before interview to provide students guidance on the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in Dec 2020

Interview

Interviewed virtually due to covid, mainly standard interview but some questions were more difficult than past interviews and some questions I was not prepared for. The interview took 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time where you had to act without having all of the information, what did you do in this situation?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in Nov 2020

Interview

First there was an online aptitude test followed by a video interview and after which I was interviewed by the Hiring managers. I was interviewed by 2 different department hiring managers as there were 2 vacancies. They asked about my past experiences and explained about the working environment at Dofasco.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON)

Interview

2 interviews. Long time ago. I really can't remember, but I do recall the trumpets and fanfare about what a great company it is to work for, how well their people are treated...guess in Admin they might well be.

Interview Questions
  • How many years have you been working in distribution, any steel experience. etc.

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Hamilton, ON) in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview process went well, its pretty insightful. You just have to be calm, answer your questions with enough confidence. The interviewers were very kind to me, and eventually I was given an offer

Interview Questions
  • 1. About the company 2. Question about your skill set
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews

ArcelorMittal Dofasco Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at ArcelorMittal Dofasco as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.90 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Mechanical Engineer and Process Reliability Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Equipment Reliability Coordinator and R&D roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at ArcelorMittal Dofasco takes an average of 24 days when considering 33 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for R&D had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at ArcelorMittal Dofasco according to 33 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 25.35%