Applied Biological Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Applied Biological Materials Interview Questions

Interviews at Applied Biological Materials

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

On campus interview followed by onsite interview. The interview was average. Asked about research work, basic technical questions, and behavioral questions. Onsite interview started with 1 hour phd research thesis followed by questions on the same. Then there was technical interview and behavioral interview each with 4 technicians. Then there was a tour on their labs and facility followed by lunch. Overall experience was good

Lab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Richmond, BC) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call to come in an interview. Received the email and confirmed for two days later. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates and panel of 3 interviewers. Gave 5-10 minute powerpoint presentation followed by 5 minute questioning period. This was followed by quick tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• -Technical questions related to what you have on your resume.
      -More details about your experience.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Burnaby, BC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. This was at first intimidating, but at the same time it also relieved a bit of pressure because attention wasn't always on you, and also you could really compare and/or listen to each other's answers and make sure you stand out from the other 2. Each person had to present a 10min powerpoint (template provided before the interview) and was followed by questions from a panel of 3 interviewers. Afterwards we got a 5min tour of some facilities.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Richmond, BC) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview took included a five to ten minutes presentation. A template was provided. About 7 interviewers and 3 interviewees were present. We presented first, then answered questions which were mostly technical.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

Interview

They ask you to prepare a short 5-10 minute presentation for a group interview. Interviewers ask questions afterward for about 5-10 minutes. There was about 7 interviewers and 3 candidates.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have which will help you in this position   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Richmond, BC) in April 2016.

Interview

you need to do a presentation provided by the company. Interview wasn't that hard, but since it was a group interview, it could be overwhelming. They will never contact you if you don't get the position. and they will never provide the feedback even if you are asking for, which is bad :(

Interview Questions

• General questions such as Strength and Weakness, tell me about yourself, career path, and etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I started by volunteering at this place so the interview was easier I think. They didn't ask tough questions or any technical or practical questions (since I think they understand I don't have previous co-op or lab work experience)

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Vancouver, BC) in October 2018.

Interview

They ask you to prepare a presentation and ask you general questions about your background and you present for 5 minutes with generic questions that is normally asked. Helps you prepare beforehand

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Biological Materials (Richmond, BC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked to prepare two presentations The first one followed a template that they sent me, which basically ticks all the boxes for typical, clichee interview questions, such as biggest strength, biggest weakness. I didn't mind that too much, since all the questions were laid out in advance. The second presentation was a scientific presentation based on past work. My recommendation for the second presentation would be to focus on methods and technologies. More recently, abm has added a practical test as well, which asks the candidate to pitch an RD idea and explain why they think it would make a good product or service. In order to answer this question, it is of paramount importance to study the abm product portfolio and understand what is currently being offered to know where the gaps are.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest difficulty in adapting from working in academia to working in industry?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Through university coop program, had to do a presentation in a group setting. Was a interesting concept, never done that before.

Interview Questions

• Technical question asking about the techniques used in the presentation topic   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.