Apple Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Apple Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

2.9

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin and received a reply from the recruiter within a day. Had a 30 minute phone interview with her. Within a day, I received a reply that they wanted to set up another 30 minute interview with someone on the team. A day or two after that, they invited me in to speak with a team member and two managers for a 2 hour interview. This was fairly straightforward, however the one manager spent about 10 minutes talking about the birds and roaches in Austin, which I thought was very inappropriate, as it took away from allowing me to ask questions at the end.

I really thought I nailed the interview. I came out feeling extremely positive. The next day, I wanted to send Thank You emails, but was told I could not have the interviewers' email addresses (for privacy reasons, I guess), so the Coordinator (supposedly) sent my notes to the interviewers for me...

Then nothing. Nothing for three whole weeks. Literally nothing except anxiety. I followed up twice with the recruiter and received no reply.

I was told in the interview when I inquired that when they found the right person, they "move quickly on them." However, if this were true, they should make more of an effort to send out notice to the people who did not get the position just as quickly.

All in all, the first part of the experience was 100% positive. The second part was 100% negative.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle when multiple urgent tasks arise at once?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I went through three interviews and spoke with a total of 6 different people throughout those interviews. The first two were by phone and the third was via FaceTime. The interviewers were polite and respectful, no issue there. An aspect that caught me by surprise is that I did expect more diversity in the organization. All 6 people I was interviewed by were white women, which is not an issue, but it is something I notice and did not expect (especially after extensively browsing the Apple Inclusion and Diversity page). The questions were not hard, its apparent they are looking for a cultural fit. The first two interviews were basic questions in handling scheduling and past experiences. The third interview was completely comprised of situational questions (i.e. What would you do if *insert scenario* happened?)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage scheduling multiple appointments with competing priorities?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple in May 2017.

Interview

As someone who works in recruiting, I was appalled at how condescending and rude the person who called me was. They were completely unprofessional and it seemed like they went out of their way to be as sarcastic and patronizing as possible with every word that came out of their mouth. They also let me know there was no room for growth in the company at that position and that there's life/work balance. They went on about how they strive to make every person who interviews with them have a great experience which is laughable. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It was so horrible, I sent them a message later in the day thanking them for their time and letting them know I was no longer interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Let me know your understanding of the position.   Answer Question
    • What's something you've done at your current position to solve a pressing issue?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: questions about desired salary and explained in detail the position. Asked about my past experience and how that would relate to the role.

Next round (in person) at Apple:
    Was a panel of four team members including the head recruiter that would oversee the team.
    They asked to “tell us about yourself” then asked about basic admin. functions like... how many contacts do you currently work with on a daily basis? They also asked where they had contacted me from. It was definitely more about personality at the interview and that was obvious.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself? Tell us about yourself? Which means business background and skills and why you are awesome and confident.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Reached out to me regarding a position. Took a long time to even get a response. Had a phone screen that went well in my opinion, but then never heard back. Sent a follow-up e-mail to the recruiter, but never heard from him again. It's funny how he stressed the importance of candidate experience but then left a pretty negative impression afterwards.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was referred to the job opening through a recruiter I knew, and soon got an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is only about 30 minutes and that happened the week we got in touch. The following week I did an on-sight interview. They are 2-3 hours depending on the style of the hiring manager. Generally you meet with 2-3 other coordinators every 30 minutes for the 2-3 hours and have a series of group interviews. At the end, you usually wrap up with the hiring manager. During the interview they gave me a few scenarios where you must prioritize tasks you are given. They ask about your organizational style, work experience, scheduling experience, etc. It took a little over 2 weeks to hear back that I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult thing about these types of interviews is having to answer the same questions over and over and trying to keep your answers sounding exciting and interesting everytime. The questions they asked weren't very unusual for the job.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview

Nearly 8 interviews - mixture of phone and onsite

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview for about 20 minutes and then in person interview meeting with a recruiter. Interviewer seemed distracted and kept taking phone calls or looking at their iPhone. Felt like it was a complete waste of time. Sent a thank you email. I never did hear back from the recruiter after that. Very unprofessional behavior on the part of the recruiter.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initial application was online, advise previous work history and upload CV and cover letter. No advice if you were unsuccessful.
    Email confirmation with date and time of interview. No chance to negotiate a time that suits you, either take it or leave it.
    When arrived for interview reception is set up like an Apple store with iPhone/iPad/iPod interactive displays.
    Waited two weeks before feedback from the interview was provided, but only because I followed up. Had already assumed what the outcome/result was.
    No attempt at rapport building during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions:
      Why Apple?
      What motivates you?
      Where do you want to be in 2-3 years time?
      What does a typical work day involve?
      How would your boss describe you?
      Tell me about a process or task you improved at work?
      Also was advised that there're limited opportunities for progression...   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Interview

Skipped phone interview and was asked to come in right away. I met with about 4 people, 1:1. I received no follow up after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember specific questions. They were general and typical. The interviewers mostly talked down about their colleagues and the environment.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.