Apex Systems Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 585 of over 585 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Apex Systems

Application

I interviewed at Apex Systems

Interview

Recruiter was quick with responses, the process was fast and information on the company was offered immediately. Recruiter was kind and professional and detailed oriented. Would apply again in the future for other positions.

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about Apex?
    Answer Question

Apex Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apex Systems

Interview

There are 2 interviews one is a phone call asking you the regular interview questions (behavioral), 2nd interview is a panel via zoom, they give you a run down of what to expect if you get hired. Then they give you a chance to ask questions, and at the very end they ask 1-2 questions. It was really quick, and everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Why recruitment Why should we choose you vs another candidate?

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

206.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Apex Systems~13916
Join the conversation on

Apex Systems

Application

I interviewed at Apex Systems

Interview

Laid back, professional, punctual, professional, 2 step process, spoke on the phone with recruiter to properly vet candidates, met with multiple hiring managers in one day, very easy process, was offered on the spot

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Apex Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apex Systems

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about a month after I applied. The interviews consisted of 3 stages: First, a 30 minute phone discussion with the recruiter. He was clearly unprepared; admitted that he "hadn't looked at my resume" and couldn't answer any questions about the position. Next - a 1-hour phone discussion with the hiring manager. He was professional and courteous. The role described did not at all match the job role posted by Apex. From his description, it was not a role I would have typically considered applying for. At the wrap up, the hiring manager indicated that he was impressed by my background, indicated a next interview would be scheduled. He also asked whether he could forward my resume on to a few other of Apex's senior managers for possible consideration in other higher level roles. Third, a one-hour video discussion with a peer manager. She was professional. She described the role from her perspective and then asked a few situational questions. Afterward, ghosted, no emails, no responses. Considering my time investment and their feedback during the interview this was, at the least, disappointing and reflected poorly on their process and consequently, the organization. Because of this, I would be hesitant to consider Apex in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Apex Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems

Interview

Questions were easy, the hiring manager made you feel confident, and it was one interview to get hired. It took more than two weeks to get a call back after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Glen Allen, VA) in Apr 2022

Interview

I strongly would not recommend interviewing with Apex Systems, LLC (in Glen Allen, VA). [Interview review continued below.] I was contacted first by a recruiter from Apex Systems. The recruiter, who was friendly and professional, told me his company could connect me to a one-year contract with employers like the Ford Motor Company and The Home Depot. The recruiter said the interviewing process was a two-step process. First, you would do a one-hour interview with someone with Apex Systems. Second, you would do a two-hour interview directly with the client. The second step could be repeated a number of times because each client has multiple teams looking to hire. The recruiter said you would get "immediate" feedback after interviewing -- either the same day or within one business day (which didn't happen). As "security", the recruiter asked me for my current supervisor's name and my LinkedIn profile so I could repeat the information to "verify" my identity during the interview. Given these questions weren't asked during the interview, the company apparently was trying to glean more information so they could use it in deciding whether to hire me. To ask for information for a different reason than the one stated definitely is a dishonest way to do business. The first interview/live coding challenge required you to have your IDE set up in a particular way. From the time I spoke with the recruiter and to the first interview, I had enough time to set up my environment, get the code working, and quickly read through the code base that Apex System provided. At the beginning of the Zoom call, the interviewer from Apex System did not even introduce himself or say who he was, which I thought was odd. As we got into the coding challenge, it became apparent the interviewer expected that I would have the code base memorized completely before the interview. Given the amount of time I had before the interview, that was not possible. Further complicating the matter was the fact that the environment set up required installing a third-party library that I don't believe I've ever heard of, isn't widely used in the industry, and changed the syntax of the programming language used. In short, Apex Systems has completely unrealistic expectations of what is possible for a Software Engineer interview given the process it has created for interviewees. The interview was meant to recreate the pair programming experience, but the interviewer was pedantic from start. He would interrupt me while I was talking, tell me to do something, then sometimes would change his mind and tell me to do something different. The interviewer also would ask me basic questions I'm sure he knew that I knew the answer to, but asked anyway because he could. Even worse, the interviewer admitted that at least one of the variables was poorly named, and even at one point had me change code that was provided. Apparently that code wasn't intended to be changed, as it was explained to me. Even the interviewer eventually had to admit the process was somewhat flawed. Besides being mostly unhelpful, the interviewer grew impatient as the interview went on and started sighing loudly on the microphone and making passive-aggressive comments. I'm not sure what the basis was for the disrespectful and condescending behavior. I've never experienced behavior like this from an interviewer representing a supposedly reputable company. Overall, I was able to complete the coding challenge within the hour. My answer worked, and the code met the requirements of the challenge, as stated. I didn't complete the challenge as quickly as I probably could have, but, again, the interviewer was using my time, and there was no way I could have memorized Apex System's code base and familiarized myself with the third-party library that I and most people probably never heard of. Now I can understand if Apex System does not want to work with me for any reason -- even though I've done professional programming work for other Fortune 500 clients. But what I really don't understand is the disrespect and mistreatment from this company when respectfully I'm just trying to earn a living. This is especially true considering that the company contacted me first and talked me up before the interview. Days later, the recruiter offered me an apology for the interviewers' behavior, and seemed to confirm what I said about the interviewer's behavior, based on the feedback the interviewer provided to the recruiter. However, I asked the recruiter for an apology from the interviewer himself for his behavior. I haven't gotten one yet, and I won't be holding my breath. I believe interviewers and companies like Apex Systems should be held accountable for mistreating interviewees, being disrespectful, and wasting peoples' time. Apex Systems is a dishonest and disrespectful company that you should avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions
  • (Prescreen interview question:) What is the name of your immediate supervisor?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Jacksonville, FL) in Apr 2022

Interview

Recruiter was friendly initially but was trying to fit me in a role that was not relatable to my experience. Process took two weeks. The initial interview was pushed back because the hiring manager was unavailable then on the day of the new interview time hiring manager was extremely late. Was turned off by the whole lateness and disrespect for my time that I ultimately became annoyed as I spoke with the manager. Manager was snarky about my resume timeline and I found to be extremely immature.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral interview such as a time where I succeeded within a team and how did I manage different personalities on that team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Richmond, VA) in Apr 2022

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who pressured me to do an interview while I was on a vacation, saying "the position will most likely be filled" by time I was home (which was only a day later); so I adjusted my schedule and cancelled plans during my trip to conduct the interview. On the day of the "interview", I waited for a whole HOUR from the time of our scheduled interview for the recruiter's manager to contact me. After waiting for nearly 90 minutes, I contacted the recruiter asking why the manager had not called me yet - to which the recruiter responded that her manager had been "pulled into a meeting" and asked me to reschedule the interview for later in the afternoon. We agreed to conduct the interview 2 hours later. 30 minutes before our rescheduled time, I received a missed call from the manager; I called him back exactly 2 minutes later, to which he doesn't answer and texts me that he'd "call me back in a minute" - I never received a call back. I received no further communication, and not one apology from neither the recruiter nor manager. I thought this was extremely rude, disrespectful and unprofessional behavior; I'm so sick of these recruiting companies ghosting applicants and treating us so poorly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apex Systems (Orange, CA) in Apr 2022

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, video call with recruiter, video call with future manager. Pretty straight forward, 15 mins, 30 mins, an hour in that order. Everyone was very nice and stayed in touch the whole process

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you? Why do you think you're a good fit for recruiting?

Apex Systems

Application

I interviewed at Apex Systems

Interview

Not bad, fairly easy and included mostly behavioral questions. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then had a video interview with other employees and company managers. The environment was very friendly and they made everyone feel comfortable

Interview Questions
  • Gave different scenarios In a group setting and asked how you would handle each one
Viewing 1 - 10 of 585 Interviews