American Express Travel Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 2,634.0 interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018

Interview

This interview was what is called a "round robin" interview. You will be interviewing with the travel managers as well as all travel team leads. So each part will be either with two team leads or one team lead and one manager. So each part with two people. There were four parts, all different questions.

Interview Questions
  • Part one was primarily about how past experience related to this position. Part two was about customer service and customer service scenarios. Part three was role playing; you are the travel agent, one manager or team lead is the customer calling in. Part four basically went over benefits and what you are looking for in a new company.
    Answer Question

American Express

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and an in person interview. It wasn't the interview that was an issue. It was how she lied about the salary. The other issue was the background check. I provided tons of information and they shipped it to some company in Mexico for confirmation.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about American Express

Join the conversation on

Data Scientists Network

17h

works at

Bank of America

***Looking for a new job - Data Science/ Business Analytics. *** Hi Everyone! I am currently working as an Assistant Manager - Data Science at Bank of America in India. I am looking for a switch to another Bank/ Financial Services company. location: Delhi Ncr/ Hyderabad/ Bangalore. Any help from your end in terms of job openings or references would be highly acknowledged. Many Thanks and Regards! American Express Citi Deutsche Bank Credit Suisse Barclays HSBC India State Street Deloitte

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Seattle, WA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Recruiter interview, then a round robin interview. Very easy if you have former travel experience. They ask travel related questions to make sure you are prepared for the upcoming job.

Interview Questions
  • Where is a destination you have been looking forward to visiting and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in Dec 2016

Interview

***APPLICATION IS COMPLETE...I HAVE NOT COMPLETED ENTIRE EXPERIENCE YET, so I have not received an offer or a rejection. Just want to help people who are in the beginning or middle of the process so far. I have completed the application process with a referral from a friend who currently works for Amex. The application itself is easy. In the past I have applied for a position with the in-bound global corporate customer care department. I made it to a phone interview with that position, but unfortunately goofed on my resume with stating I had my degree when I was technically one class short. I told the recruiter that I was one class shy of my degree and she nicely explained to me that American Express verifies everything on my resume and therefore that would look deceptive to a recruiter on paper. I am positive that is why my interview process with that position stopped and I was declined for the position. Between the application and the phone interview, I had to do the online assessment. Make sure you have an uninterrupted, distraction free hour to complete the assessment. It is not terribly difficult, but it did take reading and some serious math skills on my part to finish. I finished the assessment with time left over, and felt good about 90% of my answers.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions for this interview were, "Why did you apply for the entry level travel counselor position" "Tell about a time where you provided an extraordinary experience rather than an ordinary experience for someone" "What is your proudest achievement up to this point in your career?" "What is something you are passionate about?"
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Sep 2016

Interview

The interview was a digital interview using hirevue an app. It's basically a recording of yourself that is stored in the hiring teams files and can be watched at their convenience.

Interview Questions
14 people found this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

It was a round robin where there were multiple prospective employers interviewing at the same time. You spoke with team leaders, current employees as well as the manager of the division.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL