American Express Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 2,769.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

American Express

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at American Express in Apr 2022

Interview

I had and interview with a Senior Engineer and a director. Questions are good , I could answers few and I answered few wrong. But the way interview went was not in good manner. I feel the interview should be like trying to understand a candidate what he is capable for not to win him. overall got call for second round but not interested because of the way it went.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Code to find bugs and tell the output. 2. Logic to write a code. 3. Spring boot , rest api and general java Qs
    Answer Question

American Express

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Express in Oct 2020

Interview

After registering for the SHPE National Convention, I was selected for a coding assessment with 6 questions. Most were easy, but two were medium/hard questions. Then there was an interview with two parts: behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American Express~35
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Bangalore) in Dec 2019

Interview

I was interviewed for senior Software Engineer and offered software Engineer 1 and worst part is ctc is same salary as my current ctc and they are expecting me to join in one month..hr behaviour is the worst attitude.. Don't attained the interview and wast your time

Interview Questions
  • two question on data structure and Algorithm and few questions on networking DNS tcp, design pattern implementation and unit test cases these in 45 mins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

People are not wrong - the recruiters and HR are a nightmare! I had a phone screening that went really well and then a codility test that was fair and went well. I was brought on-site for an interview that was fair and went well. The engineers were nice for the most part, but after my on-site, I never heard back from them. I sent follow up emails every step of the way and checked back in to inquire about whether I was being considered or not. Not ONCE did I ever hear back from them. Honestly, it's incredibly disrespectful. Such a stain on an otherwise reputable company. I went through 3-4 rounds of interviews and I can't even get the common decency of an email back? Completely ghosted.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

First round : codility test, three question mostly it will be in array and tray. Second round: a telephonic interview general discussion on topics which were mentioned in JD Third round : Again data structure and general programming .. Fourth round: system design .. I was confused what it is required to design Fifth round : Again system design, this round was the best one of the lot. Sixth round : I don't know why this round was there a confused guy asking confused question ..

Interview Questions
  • 1. linked list find nth node from the end. 2. find the second most used alphabet in a sentence 3. design lru cache 4. design rule engine 5. design Google news feed app 6. micro services distributed trace
1 person found this interview helpful