American Express Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

American Express Relationship Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

3.1

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Amex has 8 leadership competencies. For each competency they have a list of questions to probe your experience. Sometimes they do not have specific questions for the position that you are applying for. They follow the interview script and the decision depend on the hiring leader. After 4 weeks of applying for the position I got a phone interview, then I have to wait for 2 weeks, when I got the personal interview. i requested feedback from the leader, but I did not receive any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for the position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Competency based interview, provides three to four behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you developed a relationship and you later used this relationship to promote a strategic initiative.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied online, was sent a link to do a digital interview which took 10 minutes and consisted of three questions. I was then invited to participate in a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly me being screened to see if the basic conditions of the job was a fit for me. After being told the salary range I decided not to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Travel and Leisure Services offered by American Express?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The HR interview process was pretty basic. They reviewed me resume and asked me to confirm employment dates and EEOC questions. The process took about 30 minutes and was very easy.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Three interviews in the process were completed. The first was general, asking questions related to resume, background experience and knowledge. The second was interactive scenarios and competency questions. Each job has a band level and different set of competencies. For example, this may be 'Deliver on a promise""excite our customer" or " inspire our people". To be the most successful in an interview scenerios should be thought out and prepared to show how you shown each of these qualities in the past with a specific example. The second interview could also be multiple choice answers to complex situations in a job setting. The last and final interview was role playing a phone call and a written email communication role play.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a colleague was observed being dishonest to a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Each of the three phases had an acceptance and after the final interview it took some time to get a final offer. I accepted the offer- I was a current employee and took this as a promotion.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express in June 2016.

Interview

The process from first call to final offer lasts several weeks and includes several interview steps. Initial conversation, writing example, secondary email, meet and greet, and round table interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest part of the process?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. First i was through the HR round, then who is my current superior , he has taken my interview, then the last round was consists of my immediate boss & his boss. Finally after 45 mins of interview I got selected.

Interview Questions

• They have asked me numerous questions. About myself, my family background, my previous experience, reason for leave. They explain me my job profile & how fit i will be for it.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It was good and very accurate to the position I applied for...The whole interview was done at three levels ...and the whole process took a long time.Must be reduced. A whole seemless process can be built.

Interview Questions

• What was my duties in my past role   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was tough to negotiate and the salary offered was very average.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Mumbai (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Three interviews. First round was HR, which was relatively easy and basic. Second round was with my future supervisor. And the third round was with my super boss. They were prompt in replying to me withing a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why AMEX?
      What would you do if you had a non performing member in your team?   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Kolkata (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Liaising with team members to ensure corporate deployments meets its objectives.
    Defining event, goals, objectives and implementation plans.
    Meeting new and existing clients to generate fresh business.
    Servicing existing clients to generate fresh leads and also increase relationship size and thereby increase spends across products.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.