American Express Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

American Express Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

There's usually an HR screening call which will ask you standard questions like why you want to work at Amex and why you are leaving your current job what your salary expectations are etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Amex? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are you looking for in this role that you didn't have before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

It seemed pretty informal and started with their HR personnel. After I was screened I got through to the hiring manager.

The hiring manager seemed pretty unprepared for the interview. However, the manager was very sharp.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

First round: Initial phone screen with HR. Second round: Met with direct manager and two other members from would-be team. Third round: Had to present two different case studies to two VP's, where details of the case study were given the night before. Overall, thorough interview process since they covered all: job competency, fit with team, and thought process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move? What are some of your strengths/weaknesses? How have you dealt with difficult client and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Mixture of "normal" questions on background and competency-based questions. Demonstrating you've worked on some kind of cross-functional type of project is good and important. Be prepared for telling a time when you developed a strategy for a new product or process and how you implemented it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you managed a situation where there was opposing views and you needed to drive consensus.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

On campus interview

Interview Questions

• What are all the drivers for revenue for the charge card?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager and a couple of her colleagues. Had a good interview but felt right from the start that I was not being seriously considered. Interviewers were all pretentious and couldn't wait to get out of there because I did not want the job any longer.

Interview Questions

• What question do you wish I had asked you which I haven't already?   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online through the site. After about 2weeks, I was contacted for an interview. I did my research, many alums from my school work at Amex, and I read that they promote heavily from within....which had me wondering why that wasn't the case for this role.
    In any case, they took awhile to get back to me after I applied. I had a phone interview/screen with the HR/recruiter. I thought I did ok. I had another offer in my pocket, so I wasn't sweating it. She claimed they had a quick turnaround and will get back to me in a day, max 2. She didn't!
    She sent an email saying the position had been filled from within (never would've guessed) but that they would have another similar position open in a few weeks. I'll pass.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

The bazaar interview question that I was asked was: "What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone?"

Interview Questions

• Word for word: What would make you so crazy, crazy that you would want to kill someone??   3 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 round with HR and 2 rounds with the business. The entire process was completed within 2 weeks. The interview questions were competency based and questions about my past work experiences were also asked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a presentation that I had previously done to pitch a product, sharing the thought process behind it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Very professional and structured interview. The interviewer had a set list of questions and you were then given the opportunity to ask questions. You were also given a English grammar assessment.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • Name two areas of strength and one area of weakness/opportunity   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.