American Express Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 2,769.0 interviews

Applied online41%
In Person12%
HardAverageEasy

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

It was very smooth, there was a total of 2 rounds of interview, with the hiring manager + some of the team members. There was a quick verbal test of technical abilities for SQL in the second interview

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join Amex
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

First the HR reached out and spoke with you on a phone call. The topics mostly focused on your experience and the technical skills you knew. After that, there was a 45 mins panel interview with team managers, where the questions were about small details of your projects on resume, business case, probability, sql, some basic python questions, and communication. I prepared the interview for a week while they ghosted me after the panel interview. Is that too hard to reject or wrote an email?

Interview Questions
  • HR: 1. introduce your experience 2. rate your python, R, SQL skills on a scale 1-5. 3. your expectation of compensation Panel Interview: 1. introduce your experience 2. Small details in terms of the projects you did on your resume such as the architecture of the model. In my case, they asked me the structure of the CNN model and explained what the pooling layer was and the function of it. Some follow up questions based on what you said like the process you cleaned the data. 3. One easy to medium level probability question 4. One SQL question using window functions. Find out the customers with the second greatest transaction amount. 5. 1-2 business cases. If company is ready to launch a new feature, a corporate travel credit card, how do you know the size of the market in your existing customers. In other words, how do your identify who the potential customers among your existing customers. If a competitor has successfully launched a similar feature, how do you leveraged this information to improve your feature before launching it?
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American Express~35
Join the conversation on

American Express

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

It will take one hour. You will connect with serval managers/directors that are related to your role. each of them will ask you some questions and also share their responsibilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Calcutta) in Mar 2022

Interview

There were two rounds. The first one included basic resume discussions, guesstimates and puzzles available on geeks for geeks or other websites. Second round had case study questions. The interviewer was very calm and well spoken and helped me answer confidently.

Interview Questions
  • Questions like tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume, questions on American express in general, about credit cards, basic econometric questions, statistics questions, p-value, z-value, assumptions of linear regression, some case study questions on whom to give loans etc

American Express

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

It was a fairly medium good interview, they asked me questions mostly from the previous role and tried to match their profile with the same. Some questions related to skills I have and some were from the job description they provided.

Interview Questions
  • Ques were like what type of research are there, reliable sources, how to check if it i a reliable resource.

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

First you were asked to write a test, which in passing had an interview. They asked me about my projects. Then they asked me some puzzles, questions on probability and statistics, and case study. Then there was a HR round.

Interview Questions
  • Case study on no of ATMs in India Puzzles , can find in feels for feeks
1 person found this interview helpful