American Express Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 2,634.0 interviews

Applied online17%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Technical Interview: Basic to intermediate SQl and Python based questions. Anyone having hands on experience on SQL or Python can easily answer all the questions. Two Technical Rounds and one managerial round.

Interview Questions
  • SQL Joins, Python Pandas, How to arrange dataframes and different types of Data Types.
    Answer Question

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

It was smooth. The interviewers were friendly and I learned a lot. More focus was on judging the analytical skill of the candidate rather than problem solving skills. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself!
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about American Express

Join the conversation on

Data Scientists Network

17h

works at

Bank of America

***Looking for a new job - Data Science/ Business Analytics. *** Hi Everyone! I am currently working as an Assistant Manager - Data Science at Bank of America in India. I am looking for a switch to another Bank/ Financial Services company. location: Delhi Ncr/ Hyderabad/ Bangalore. Any help from your end in terms of job openings or references would be highly acknowledged. Many Thanks and Regards! American Express Citi Deutsche Bank Credit Suisse Barclays HSBC India State Street Deloitte

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was conducted by a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, then another 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager's teammates, and finally ending with an hour phone call with the last hiring manager. The turnaround time was within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • What were some things that you have done to show that you were a self-starter?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express (New Delhi) in Aug 2021

Interview

An initial test was done to select a few candidates for the interview process, all process was done online while video and audio bring recorded. Overall experience of the process was neutral.

Interview Questions
  • 2 coding question (average) 40 questions to test your analytical skill

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

It was a virtual round where I got the questions from data analysis tools like Excel MySQL etc and It was a very nice to attend interview at American Express

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied through naukri. Got call from recruiter, asking basic details like experience, tools used and reason for switching. Than she scheduled an online interview. Interviewer was very friendly. She asked questions on Tableau and SQL. Since she was running out of time, she simply asked how much would I rate myself on python.

Interview Questions
  • How to make dual axis chart on Tableau? Type of visualizations used? Difference between Tableau and Power BI (since I said I know both of these) Type of joins in SQL? Interviewer asked me to write two tables and than asked me approach to get certain rows?

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

The interview was held during the pandemic, the questions were not quite fitting given the fact that I am still in school, the internet connection wasn’t great either since everyone was in home office, the interest from their side seemed not genuine

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions mainly, there was many questions of the form “tell us about a time when...”

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore