American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Interviews at American Airlines

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online took assessment test online one week later received email for a video interview. Taking my video interview today. Any advice from anyone who has gone through the process?!

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

So thankful for the tips people have given here so I thought I would add a few of my own concerning timing of the interview.

DFW to AA Training Center:
    The commute from your flight GATE to your interview ROOM is at least 1.5-2 hours long if using the shuttle, maybe 1 hour if using a car service. Budget enough time to get to the AA training center from the DFW airport after your flight. Even though the interview location is only 5 miles from the airport, with the airport tollroad and traffic, it can take at least 30 minutes to commute from door to door.

AA Ares Shuttle:
    You should call the shuttle the moment your flight lands. The white AA shuttle provided will take at least 30-45 minutes to arrive at the airport after you call it & it doesn’t wait for you so keep a sharp eye! Make sure you tell the telephone dispatcher that you have an interview. If you miss the first shuttle or if the shuttle is full you will wait another 30-45 minutes. I really recommend taking Uber, Lyft, or one of the many car/taxi services available from the terminal.

Pre-Interview:
    Once you arrive at the training center you have to go through security. Which is one desk downstairs to check in, a desk upstairs to have your photo taken, and then security takes you around the building for a tour/to show you where your rooms are. Then you check into your interview room. This process was not quick and at least 10-20 minutes long as well.

The Building:
    The training center isn’t an office building of AA, so you don’t have to feel as if arriving HOURS early is disturbing the normal work environment or inconveniencing your interviewer if you arrive 2 hours before your interview begins. Everyone inside the building is either interviewing or an employee of AA taking part in a company sponsored training day. There are snacks and drinks and plenty of room to just relax and meet other candidates and people that work for the company all over the country.

There were at least 8 people for my interview day that were late and weren’t able to interview, so I hope this helps!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Apply in October and took a assessment test but didn’t get the result back until a month later letting me know that I passed. And waited like another month or two for the video interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Because so much info is out there for the video interview, I’m only sharing my experience about the face to face. I gave this a neutral review because they make you sit there for 2 hours after the interview waiting for a rejection, even then, they never really came out to say you didn’t get it.

I interviewed on 2/14/20 in Dallas. 5 months after doing my VI.

I got there way too early (11:20), noon is fine or even 12:30. We were taken into a room where one flight attendant is leading the group and keeping the show running. There are about 10 recruiters that come in and introduce themselves. While waiting for the Interview to begin they make you fill out a writing exercise. They ask “If you could travel to any country in the world, where and why”. We turned these in and never heard about them again, so I’m not sure if they are used in the assessment process or not.

Then recruiters begin coming in and calling names out in groups of 5-6. We follow the recruiter to a big room with two tables. Our group sat at one with a recruiter and another group sat at the other.

The first thing we did was a team building exercise trying to build a 3D model. Pretty straight forward, just listen to instructions. The recruiters are walking around a with clipboards while we do this. Afterwards, they sit down and ask us what we thought about it, was it hard, etc. They want you to answer how it applies to working as a team, problem solving, etc.

Next, the recruiter from our table switched places with the recruiter from the other table. First question was “Tell me your name and what you do”, Second question, She said “we know that you are here because you like to travel and you like people, so tell me another reason or a word that explains why you’re here” And, finally we had to draw from the deck of cards for a question. I got the “What was your last social media post and why is social media so important “ Maybe they’re looking for how you will represent the airlines, even on social media. Idk. Other index card questions were:
    1) How did you retain a customer
    2) How did you resolve a dispute between a colleague and a customer
    3) How did you assist a customer with limited resources

After this part, the interview is over (although they tell you you will be called out to review your application). It was 3:00pm and we were led back into the big room. Our lead guy was back going through benefits, pay, training, etc

When he’s done, the recruiters from before start walking in and calling people out one by one. During this, We are asking the lead guy questions. I’m not sure why they waste the time of those that didn’t make it. I mean, I sat there for over 1 1/2 hours, listening to questions about life as a flight attendant, when I didn’t get picked. Such a waste of our time. There’s got to be a better way. The façade continues as they are walking you out the door. We are all adults, why go through that lie with us?

There were people of all sizes, ages, etc. so just do you and be comfortable!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to retain a customer   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2020.

Interview

I'm putting no offer because I haven't heard back yet.

This review is just for the video interview portion!

I was given 6 questions to answer. Before it starts, they encourage you to think about the questions and be enthusiastic when you answer. Very important!

The questions were read twice by a pre-recorded voice, which takes about 30 seconds, and then you are given another 60 seconds to get yourself together and think about your response. To me, this was plenty of time. Especially since I already knew what was going to be asked ahead of time.

Then it will start recording and you will have a 3 minute countdown to answer the question.

There are no do-overs for the questions, but if you prepare beforehand, you will do just fine!

Overall I feel like Glassdoor really helped prepare me for this interview. So I'm going to do the same and post all the questions I was asked below:

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took responsibility/owned up to a mistake you made at work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond to exceed a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a service or process you worked to improve.   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to relocate to one of our bases?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to adhere to our tattoo/piercing policy?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Completed the Application, Assessment, and Video all within one week. Afterwards, it took me nearly 6 months to have the face to face interview. I spoke to severeal FA's that work for the company to prepare me for the process. I also new of other people who were applying.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to relocate   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Keller, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied in 2017 for a Flight Attendant position in Dallas. Sent my resume online, got an email with an assessment link to respond. After that, received another link to do an interview via video. Waited for over 2 weeks and received an email saying I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Bowling Green, KY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

This interview process is a JOKE. You will put on your best and be given the opportunity to speak to an actual recruiter maybe twice. We arrived 30 minutes early and were taken back with the other interviewees who arrived early. We lined up to show our ID/passport and were given a writing prompt (Who would you sit next to on a flight to Tokyo and why?). Then you’re given a misleading PowerPoint of what the day will entail. They call you out in groups of 6 to another room. You’ll participate in an activity building a structure out of blocks for 12 minutes while a recruiter observes you. A new recruiter sits down at the table and then allows you to draw one question and answer it in front of the group. After that, you’ll return to the main room to watch old AA commercials and listen to a very well-fluffed PowerPoint of what working for AA as an FA is like. You’re then told you’ll be called out one by one to “authenticate your contact information” and “review your application”. They’ll actually just walk you down a hallway and say we’ll email you in 5-10 days (cue annoying hand gesture). You’ll then realize you flew all the way to Dallas and invested all your energy to be given the smallest ounce of consideration. I think 2/60 in my group got CJO’s, one hugged a recruiter when she walked in and the other was a special ed aide. Your current position, education, experience, etc. doesn’t matter. It’s literally just luck of the draw if one of the recruiters likes you. Really it’s okay because $27,000/yr and 6 weeks of unpaid training isn’t realistic for most human beings with bills trying to keep a roof over their head.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you helped an unhappy customer and what was the result.   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Applied online, did the assessment test. Was invited to do a video interview a few weeks later. Waited 4 months to be told I didn't even get a face to face interview. Terrible process in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond in certain situations, ex. drunk passenger?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Step 1 - Apply online

Step 2 - VI online

Step 3 - Face-to-face - This stage is the final stage before the CJO. The questions/assessments are changeable but the process is the same. The day of my interview I was flown in from my home airport. A shuttle picked me up from DFW, and arrived at American Airlines HQ shortly thereafter. I walked to the lobby where I was met by a recruiter. Waited a bit for others to arrive then proceeded to a conference room for check-in. After presenting photo ID and passport to the desk, they handed me a clipboard with pen to complete an essay. It was collected. There were approximately 40 of us in the room. We were introduced to American flight attendants and a few folks from talent acquisition. The hiring process was explained to us and pleasantries were exchanged. Then we were split into groups and sent to other conference rooms for group activities. The activities consisted of self introductions, a team building activity, and a question and answer activity. We were then given a break to mingle in the hall before being asked to all take our seats in the meeting room. We watched a lovely video that consisted of past American Airlines advertising. A brief PowerPoint followed with information about salaries and benefits. The flight attendant hostess then invited us to ask questions about the flight attendant role and the company. From there we were called out of the room individually. I was escorted to a room with a cabin trainer and jumpseat. You must touch the Halon in the overhead bin and strap into the jumpseat. From there I was escorted to another room for one-on-one questioning.

Interview Questions

• The essay question: If you were on a 14 hour flight to Asia, who'd you like to have a conversation with and tell us why.

My group question: Tell us about a time you witnessed great customer service. Could you do anything to make it even better?

1 on 1 questions - Experienced flight attendant here. My questions were related to my experiences on the aircraft.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.