Alberta Health Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 133 of over 133 interviews

Employee Referral5%
Campus Recruiting5%
HardAverageEasy

Alberta Health Services

Application

I interviewed at Alberta Health Services

Interview

it was alright, they asked me about 7-8 clinical scenarios so i found that to be a little difficult. interview lasted just under an hour which i found to be kind of long. good experience overall

Interview Questions
  • Your patient is admitted with a heparin drip, what are your next steps or assessments…. something like that
    Answer Question

Alberta Health Services

Application

I interviewed at Alberta Health Services

Interview

Telephone interview with 3 participants. Asking lots of questions for different scenarios. Overall very easy process. After the interview they asked contact details for references and a week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Alberta Health Services

Application

I interviewed at Alberta Health Services

Interview

Bom muito interativo gostei bastante estou confiante a pessoa que me entrevistou era muito educada e simpática ambiente bem confortável me senti confiante para responder a todas as perguntas e agora é só esperar o resultado

Interview Questions
  • Minhas experiências anteriores e disponibilidade de horário

Alberta Health Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services

Interview

It was an in depth interview about my background and the interviewee was interactive with me. Did not feel like I was talking to my own. She has answered the questions I have had in depth as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alberta Health Services

Application

I interviewed at Alberta Health Services

Interview

It was a three person team, almost every time. Manager, clinical supervisor, and lead. They take turns asking questions and ultimately scoring you on your responses. This is noteworthy because if you do not answer the question as it was asked, even if your answer was good, your score may suffer.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about general clinical experience, why you applied, and what you would do in XYZ situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB) in Jul 2021

Interview

panel interview with 4-5 participants involving both HR people as well as people I will directly work with if I get accepted for the position. The interview lasted for 1 hour 15 minutes

Interview Questions
  • talk about my qualifications, about the processes that I use, how I handle challenging situations, what os my opinion of aboriginal community

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB) in Jul 2021

Interview

Interviewers were kind and approachable. Asked detailed questions and were reassuring and willing to answer questions. Interviewers took a while to reach out for an interview but the post interview process was quick and communication was well established.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with statistical software such as Redcap and SPSS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB) in Jul 2021

Interview

It was a one hour video call interview with scenario and technical skill questions. Two Genetic Counsellors were present to ask questions. Interviewers were very professional and respectful of my time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB) in Jun 2021

Interview

If you find this, please consider wasting your time applying for work here, I went to SAIT for the Unit Clerk and Medical Office Assistant program and I did my practicum at Rockyview Hospital, my whole professional experience it's been costumer service working in hospitality and other positions as clerk, I even hold a bachelor's degree. I wanted a career change. No luck? Maybe, but at this point I think it's extremely political to get in, I know someone who's working experience never was medical and got hired as manager... Consider also that AHS open positions internally and externally, I as an external candidate applied and send over 300+ resumes to AHS, and I swear to God I'm not lying, I even contacted the Unit managers directly from a directory access that I had and, hear this out, that's how I got my interviews, NO SINGLE INTERVIEW WAS FROM THE EXTERNAL WEBSITE, NONE!!!!! Also it's worth to mention that at the end of my practicum they offered me an interview, I was the last minute, last candidate, they asked me 5 questions, each question is scored and don't forget YOU ARE COMPETING AGAINST INTERNAL CANDIDATES WITH ALREADY MORE EXPERIENCE THAN YOU, if you say what they want to hear or score 4/5, more likely they'll ask you for references, then they send a whole document to your references where they score you out of 40 points and then they're supposed to make the decision to which candidate they'll go for, also each unit manager will ask you different questions some more difficult than others but at the end it leaves you wondering if you did well, you barely make a connection with the interviewer because they're not looking at you or your body language because they're writing down everything you say... So they call you and tell you that there are stronger candidates internally and that they made the decision to choose them... oh and wait... this is a MONTH AFTER you had the interview or even more! Some DON'T EVEN GET YOU BACK! I finished my practicum June 4th and it's exactly August 4th and I already gave up trying to get an opportunity to work with them. It's not to brag about it but it's their loss, happily I'm going back to a company I used to work at before because they did express and made it clear several times that they want me back, and they have offered me a position. My advice, if you have medical experience of some kind, go for it, apply, take the course I took and apply, but if you don't, just don't waste your time and don't go to school for this to change your career.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about a time where you disagree with a policy/order from your employer and what did you do. 2. What qualities do you think makes a good functional working team? 3. Situational questions in a medical setting like, what would you if.... 4. and similar questions...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Regular questions such as "tell me about you, why do you want this job, your experiences - how do they relate, strengths, weaknesses." Following that there are situational questions related to the job ie. "what do you do if and or when." Overall the interview is not difficult, but the grading of the interview seems subjective.

Interview Questions
  • What strength do you you bring to this role?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 133 Interviews