Aetion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Aetion Interview Questions

Interviews at Aetion

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online. HR reached out to me for an initial 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. After which, I was invited for an on-site. I sent my availability but did not receive any confirmation. A month later, I received the same email that I have originally received for the on-site invitation. This time, I did receive a confirmation after I sent over my availability. The on-site consisted of technical and behavioral questions (3.5 hours total). The interviewers very friendly and informative. The next day, I was told that they’d like to move me to the next phase and asked that I send over my availability. I have not received any confirmation even after multiple follow-ups.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetion.

Interview

Short phone screen, then longer phone interview followed by a take home assessment which took a few hours. On site interviews with seven team members after that, only to be told at the end of this process that they'd decided to no longer hire for the position at all. Very unprofessional to end the process with a short phone call and be left with an afterthought of "maybe we'll think of you next quarter".

Interview Questions

Aetion Response

Oct. 14, 2019

Thank you for this feedback. There are times when Aetion decides to put positions on hold to make sure we're thoughtful about our org structure and clear on how each role aligns with the business. We... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

My experience was consistent with previous reviewer. Recruiter got in touch with me initially based on my Linkedin profile and set up a call with their HR on a specific date and time. HR did not make it. A week later I received an email from the recruiter saying after further review, they do not feel my profile aligns with the skillset they are looking for.

Not showing up makes the company look unprofessional. I wish they had done that "further review" before they setup the time for the interview. Recruiter, by representing such companies, you will be losing seasoned professionals who would not take you seriously.

Interview Questions

• Did HR keep the appointment they made with the candidate ?   1 Answer

Scientific Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetion (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted to set up a brief phone screening within a week or so of my application. The phone screening was with HR and took less than 15 minutes and was mostly logistics. Two days later I had a phone interview with an employee which was ~30min and went over my experience and behavioral questions. Then, I was sent a take home assignment a few days later to complete within a week. A week after submission I was contacted by HR to schedule a meeting at the Boston office for an in person interview. The interviews were smooth and consisted of 4 30-minute one-on-one interviews with various team members to figure out cultural fit and ask behavioral questions. Overall a positive experience, but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you received (negative) feedback - how did you react and what did you change?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The first round interview at Aetion was a 30-min phone screen with a Scientist where I was asked about what type of position I was looking for and some generic behavioral questions.

I received a take home exercise a few days later which included epidemiology-related questions and some coding exercises in SQL/SAS.

The final round was an in-person interview in the New York office with employees of different levels on the Science, Product, and Commercial teams. I was asked a mix of questions about my past experience, work style, epidemiology, statistical methods, and some related to cultural fit. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and put me at ease; it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

The entire process took just under a month.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion.

Interview

I applied through Aetion's website. Shortly after that a recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a call with me, then asked me some questions about my projects and other behavior questions. About 1 week later, they sent me a set of exercise which I did spend time and effort in. Shortly after that, the recruiter said they would follow up within a week or two. However, today is 6 weeks from that and I did not receive any update. I tried to follow up to them twice without getting any response. This is really frustrating and unprofessional.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aetion.

Interview

My interview process reflected a shocking level of disorganization and disrespect. I was strongly encouraged to interview for Aetion, and I was led to believe my interview was essentially a formality. I was never reimbursed for expenses from my on-site interview and I was booked a flight that arrived only 30 minutes before the interview start time. After my interview, I didn't hear anything for over a month. I was eventually sent a take-home skills assessment, which I completed immediately. Three weeks later (over two months after my on-site interview), I was told that I was not going to be offered a position. I spoke with employees at the company during this process, and they indicated that the long wait times and disorganization are the norm at Aetion! If you are interested in applying: I certainly hope that you have better luck than I do, but I would prepare to experience a lot of frustration. I have serious reservations about the company considering the lack of respect and professionalism I experienced in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design a study given a certain outcome/exposure. I was also asked to describe how to accomplish certain tasks in SQL. I was asked by multiple interviewers to discuss a long term analysis project that I had been working on.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetion in April 2017.

Interview

After sending in an application they sent me a skills test to complete, which I did within a week or so. After that I received no response from the company even after attempting to follow up with them multiple times. I know applications don't usually get responses, but it's very unprofessional to start the interview process with someone and then start ignoring them.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen, then two in-person meetings at the company offices. Two leaders from LA also interviewed me while in their NY office so some video conferences involved while in the office.

Interview Questions

• What is it that attracts you to Aetion?   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aetion.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with several team leads, then interviewed in person with again several team leads. Had a take home assignment with skills related questions then more interviews. The process was fairly extensive but everyone was quite approachable and more like discussions rather than interviews.

Interview Questions

Aetion Response

Oct. 14, 2019

Wow! Seventeen weeks is a long time to be interviewing, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time and can understand that this doesn't provide a positive interview experience. We'd like to learn... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.