Aetion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Aetion Interview Questions

Interviews at Aetion

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetion.

Interview

Initial outreach from a recruiter/HR that was approximately 30 minutes. Within a week or so was scheduled to interview with the hiring manager. I was advised that that I would have another interview with one more resource on the team within a week. After that I heard no follow up and had to reach out to the recruiter to obtain any update (good or bad). The communication and interview/hiring process is clearly disorganized. I firmly believe your experience in the hiring/interview process depicts a lot to what the company/work experience would be like.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions pertained to the role and comparison to what experience I had that was relatable. Overall the discussions I did have were relevant and helped me understand the expectations more.   Answer Question

Oct. 6, 2020

Thank you for the feedback regarding your interview experience at Aetion for the Engagement Manager role. Our People Team utilizes this feedback to directly improve our hiring strategies and to make the process better for future candidates. My sincere apologies that you never heard back regarding next steps in the interviewing process, this is certainly a misstep on our end. If you would be open to sharing more about your experience, we would welcome further feedback by directly reaching out to your recruiter or HR@aetion.com.

Scientific Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetion in September 2020.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone screen with a recruiter, then a 30 minute Zoom call with a Senior Scientist, followed by a take-home assignment, and finally four 30 min conversations with members of the Science team. The interview questions were very fair and straightforward, mostly behavioral questions and questions about my background. The take-home assignment was challenging but didn't require background knowledge, and was designed to give a sense of some of the day to day tasks in the role. The entire process moved along quickly and the recruiter was very responsive.

Interview Questions

Aetion Response

Nov. 10, 2020

So glad you accepted our offer and that you had a streamlined interview process. Thank you for considering us as a part of your job search and we're grateful to have you on the team!

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetion in August 2020.

Interview

I had a wonderful experience interviewing for a Scientist position at Aetion. The HR team at Aetion did a wonderful job at seamlessly facilitating the interview process and providing prompt responses to any questions that I had.
    The interview included two phone conversations with HR, an interview with my hiring manager, a take-home assignment, and then three separate conversations with three other staff members.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you explain a positive test rate to someone not familiar with epidemiology?
      Q: Describe research that you have done and the methods that you used from beginning to end.
      Q: How do you think you can use your prior research experience in your position at Aetion?   Answer Question

Oct. 6, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview with Aetion. We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience and that you felt progressing through the various stages was seamless!

Healthcare Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The overall interview process was streamlined and positive! The process took around 3 weeks and first entailed an initial recruiter phone screen. This was followed by an interview with a data scientist and then a subsequent series of interviews with multiple team members. All of the interviewers were friendly and passionate about the work they do, which allowed for really good conversations. HR was also highly responsive throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about debugging erroneous code?
      Q: Define your ideal manager
      Q: Tell me about something that isn't on your resumé   Answer Question

Nov. 10, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and for the details on your interview process! Please feel free to fill out our candidate survey too if you'd like and we will take any recommendations you have into account! - The People team

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The first round was with the recruiter which was okay except he was using a VOIP to talk to me on the phone since we were long distance. The quality of the call was not good and I had a difficult time hearing him.

The next round, HR sent me a sheet on what concepts I may be asked and recommended tests4geeks.com. I go to the website and you have to pay for questions so I didn't use it. The sheet says that the interview "almost always include an element of live coding" so I'm thinking that it will be a coding interview platform that the interview and myself will see. So I studied for 4 days all these coding questions and then on the day of the interview. It was just a video conference interview and the Senior Engineer is literally entering code in the chat box, which was unformatted and extremely hard to read. It didn't seem like he had a question prepared, he just made up a question on the spot.

The technical questions he asked were fair but it's a little hard to explain an optimized solution without a text editor of some sort. I was just disappointed that the sheet given from HR isn't exactly what you will be experiencing in the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use in a priority queue? Why?   Answer Question

Feb. 23, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is really helpful to know when the technology isn't working that were using and it sounds like we went astray a few times with this during your interview process. Your feedback also helped our recruiting team sync back with the hiring team on the importance of alignment across the full process. If you have more feedback, you're welcome to email us at careers@aetion.com or fill out the candidate survey we send from Greenhouse. Best of luck in your search!

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter at Aetion. The process took about 6-8 weeks total. It included a phone screen, hiring manager video call, take home assessment and an onsite panel interview. I then met with a C-level executive for coffee.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were working on a really difficult role and after a few months you still have not identified a finalist?   1 Answer

Nov. 18, 2019

Thanks for interviewing with us and for writing a review about your experience! Aetion's recruiting team sends a candidate survey after onsite interviews. If you have additional ideas or feedback, put it in the survey and we'll use your thoughts to improve our process.

Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Connected with a recruiter to learn about the position and team. I then spoke with a SD over the phone who was really nice and helpful in describing her experience and the position. I then came into the Boston office and met with multiple members of the team. I came back in a second time for some follow up questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Walking through a few exercises and describing my previous work experiences   Answer Question

Nov. 18, 2019

We're glad to hear that your experience was positive and that our Senior Director on the Science team made such a positive impression. We appreciate you going through our interview process and are glad to see you've decided to join our team. Welcome!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aetion (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

A recruiter from the company reached out to me via Linked In. Connected on the phone for 30 minutes, followed by a conversation with the hiring manager and an onsite interview with four members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked across multiple internal stakeholders to bring a project to completion   Answer Question

Oct. 14, 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetion.

Interview

Short phone screen, then longer phone interview followed by a take home assessment which took a few hours. On site interviews with seven team members after that, only to be told at the end of this process that they'd decided to no longer hire for the position at all. Very unprofessional to end the process with a short phone call and be left with an afterthought of "maybe we'll think of you next quarter".

Interview Questions

Aetion Response

Oct. 14, 2019

Thank you for this feedback. There are times when Aetion decides to put positions on hold to make sure we're thoughtful about our org structure and clear on how each role aligns with the business. We appreciate you taking the time to go through the process, and would like to connect on potential roles in the future. You can reach out to our recruiting team at careers@aetion.com. Thanks again!

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aetion in May 2019.

Interview

Applied Online, immediately got first HR call, and after initial screening, a video call was arranged.

At first technical round - no show from technical interviewer.

Then I had to reach out to the HR and interviewer, I was expecting them to come up but they were not good enough. Second video call technical interview, went well.

Second round - Coding assessment, one week time was given to complete, completed and submitted working code. Got rejection after 2 weeks.

Overall experience - Bad, the process took more than one and half month and I would have not joined the company even I would have got offer. I am glad that they rejected me.

Interview Questions

Aetion Response

Oct. 14, 2019

Thanks for your review, we're sorry to hear about your interview experience and recognize that it's a big ask to take the time to go through the process. If you'd like to share more feedback, we send a candidate experience survey as a part of the process, which we encourage you to fill out. You can also schedule time with us by emailing careers@aetion.com.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.