A Thinking Ape Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

A Thinking Ape Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Toronto, ON) in April-2017.

Interview

Starts off with a quick Skype tour of the office with the recruiter. Then there were two subsequent 30 minute technical Skype interviews over codeshare. First interviewer gave a binary tree question and an example of the expected behaviour of the function I was to implement. Focus seemed to be on recursion and problem solving. The interviewer did not webcam nor talk much. Second interviewer was friendlier and more talkative and did webcam. Second question had to do with design and knowledge of data structures in terms of functionality and complexity.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree of integer values, return True if there are any partial or complete paths down the tree's root such that the sum of the values along the path sum up to the value of the root, and False otherwise.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for A Thinking Ape

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

90% coding based, code in your own language, traditional OOP and basic algorithm questions. Really nice people and seems like it would be a great place to work. Two interview sessions of 30 minutes each, each with different people. You can ask any questions you want at the end of each interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in May-2016.

Interview

The interview has two questions, half hour for each question. Interviewer was very nice and gave me a lot of hints and help when I was stuck. I enjoy the interview and learn something new.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It took a month for them to give me an interview after I applied. I suspect they have forgotten me. The interview was consisted of 2 30 min on site interview. Over all it was a good experience. Then have a nice location and a nice office.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

1) online assessment in which two programming challenges are presented (specifically palindromes and how to calculate the angle of clock hands given the digitally equivalent time).
    2) In-person interview in which they asked me to write the backend of a website given various methods and without a database (assuming you have unlimited memory) to "query" different items and to find more efficient ways to implement what you've already come up with
    3) In-person lunch interview, 3 separate sessions of technical interviews with an hour lunch in between.

Interview Questions

• They had asked to construct the most efficient data structures so that the retrieval of information should be relatively fast. For example, given a table of users and posts, write a data structure and method that would give us the top favourited posts (no database).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Phone interview from HR about basic personality. Followed up by an hour technical in person interview and finally two more technical interviews with a lunch interview in between.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that returns true if the given input string matches the given regular expresion. The regular expresion will only contain (part a) '^', and '$'; (part b) '.' and (part c) '*' characters.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape in October-2012.

Interview

1. HR will call a phone interview and introduce their compamny
    2. online coding 45 min, about data structure and algorithm, you can pick up the language. 2 problems and need to be tested online
    3. school face to face coding, 2 algorithm questions and 1 system design question
    4. it should be a onsite but they deicide to do that oncampus . about introduce of their company and their culture

Interview Questions

• How to design a sytem to build a office building   1 Answer