A Thinking Ape Software Engineer Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

A Thinking Ape Software Engineer Co-Op Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jan, 2017

3.6

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

2 Questions, one for oop one for algorithm. That is the area of our business that is seeing the greatest amount of growth and will need the most support as we continue to create new products and grow our existing communities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for A Thinking Ape

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in September-2015.

Interview

The interview process had a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. It began with a brief tour of their office space, followed by two 30-minute technical interviews, involving writing code on a whiteboard in your language of choice. Each of the interviews began with a trivial problem, upon which more constraints were progressively added.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns whether a path of a given sum through a tree exists.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in September-2015.

Interview

Invited through my co-op office to interview at their office. They first give you a tour of their office and then there are two rounds of technical interviews with two engineers in each interview. The focus is on object oriented programming with good problem solving skills and data structures. The engineers aren't trying to get to know you, but want to see how you think and code. They were quite helpful if you forgot a method or had a question. Know your hashmaps!

Interview Questions

• given a string, find the longest sub-sequence of unique characters. Implement functions for an online game   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

They asked only technical questions (which was great). The interview had two parts. The first part was about OO design and the second part was algorithms. Nice cozy office. They were not too friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Finding the length of the longest substring containing unique characters   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Waterloo, ON) in May-2015.

Interview

It was two back to back white-board coding interviews with 2-3 engineers in each interview. Jumped straight to the coding questions after a short introduction. Database design question for the first interview followed by algorithm question in the second interview. Interviewers were friendly and guiding- they eventually guided me to answer the problem and wasn't condescending. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Divide a number using only addition and subtraction.   2 Answers