A Thinking Ape Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

A Thinking Ape Interview Questions

Interviews at A Thinking Ape

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

After I passed the phone screen with HR, I was brought on-site for a first round technical interview, which is a standard 45 minute whiteboard type of deal. Upon passing that, you'd then have a final round of interviews- two more whiteboard interviews in the morning, then lunch, then a third whiteboard interview, then a meeting with the CEO.

I actually received the offer by telephone by the time I got home from the interview, so expect a quick turnaround time. They are also generous with giving feedback.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the free-to-play business model, as applied to mobile games?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

2 Technical video screens, one was one-on-one and another was with 2 interviewers. No behavioural questions asked but a brief introduction was given. Each video screen is 30 minutes long, but had enough time to finish each question efficiently easily.

Interview Questions

• You are given a stream of information in the form of "x student is taller than y student". You want to query "who is the tallest student?" at any point in time. Write 2 functions, one that adds the information from the stream, and the second that responds to the query.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape in September 2020.

Interview

Saw their company website, applied online with a sloppy resume, get contacted by HR via phone a few week later. Went through a nice interview process. Problems asked usually err toward the easy side. Interviewers and HR were all friendly, helpful, and overall pleasant to chat with. They also provided constructive feedback after interview process, so it had been a great learning opportunity.

Offer given but declined due to circumstances on my part.

Interview Questions

• Basic coding questions (class based OOP, hashmap, etc.). Practical system design questions related to games.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in August 2020.

Interview

First step is a 30 minute, non-technical phone interview. The interviewer asks standard questions such as why us, salary expectations, and so forth. The next step is a 1 hour technical interview conducted through video conferencing. The technical interview is not a Leetcode-style interview, but it still involves data structures and algorithms. Did not make it past this step.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      What do you think of our business model?
      What is your salary expectations?
      Design and implement an API in your preferred language.   Answer Question

Junior Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in May 2019.

Interview

I got a response 3 days after applying, I had actually spoken to a few people at their booth at a job fair which was how I found out about the position. First I had a phone interview that went for around 30 minutes. We discussed the position and the company. Immediately after my interview I was sent an art test as discussed on the phone. I took a week to complete my test and got a response via email asking for a final interview at the studio. Everyone was very responsive and friendly which made the process enjoyable and less daunting. My final interview went for an hour and a half and was split into 2 interviews. The first part focused on the technical side of the position and the second part was more to see how I would fit within the company and how my core values aligns with ATA. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job but when I got the rejection email they gave me a bit of feedback about my interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one team project you worked on that failed or didn't meet your expectations?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

After applying online, received an invitation for 2 on-site interviews. Interviews were fairly straightforward: both of them were technical interviews of 30 minutes each consisting of whiteboard coding problems. Was supposed to get a response within 48 hours, but took over a week.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions: First one required identifying the ideal data structure, while the second was a algorithmic question based on binary search.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape in February 2019.

Interview

Applied through referral, got an 1 hour technical interview about a week after. Received offer only 3 hours after interview! Overall it was a great experience! Very nice and fun people to talk to!

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Phone screen, followed by two back-to-back 30 minute technical interviews. Interviews were done through Skype, live coding data structures and algorithms questions. Interviewers were helpful and questions were clear. After the process was concluded and upon request, interview feedback was provided, which was very helpful and generous. Positive experience overall.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted for phone interviews. 2 phone interviews back-to-back fully technical set up via Skype. Each was around 30 minutes and we dove right into the algorithms. Received offer around 36 hours later. It was a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Question involving the use of a hashtable and some preprocessing to get a query in constant (average) time.   1 Answer
    • Binary Tree question involving DFS and some List manipulation   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in May 2018.

Interview

2 interviews, each for 30 minutes with one of the staff. One of them was focusing on object oriented design and the other wa on basic data structure and algorithms. Environment is not tense and the interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2d array with distinct integer elements, you can go only up, down, left or right to a place holding smaller number. Find the longest path you can go starting from a certain index (r,c)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.