A Thinking Ape Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

A Thinking Ape Interview Questions

Updated 25 Apr, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Toronto, ON) in April-2017.

Interview

Starts off with a quick Skype tour of the office with the recruiter. Then there were two subsequent 30 minute technical Skype interviews over codeshare. First interviewer gave a binary tree question and an example of the expected behaviour of the function I was to implement. Focus seemed to be on recursion and problem solving. The interviewer did not webcam nor talk much. Second interviewer was friendlier and more talkative and did webcam. Second question had to do with design and knowledge of data structures in terms of functionality and complexity.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree of integer values, return True if there are any partial or complete paths down the tree's root such that the sum of the values along the path sum up to the value of the root, and False otherwise.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

2 Questions, one for oop one for algorithm. That is the area of our business that is seeing the greatest amount of growth and will need the most support as we continue to create new products and grow our existing communities.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape in January-2017.

Interview

5min video tour of the office with recruiter, then two 30 min interviews over Skype and codeshare with developers. One question was a graph question, another was a question involving storing things in hash tables and producing formatted strings. Both were about Leetcode Easy which was unexpected considering the extensive preparation document that they sent beforehand. Prepared for and was expecting OOP but both interviews were algorithmic. Didn't get an offer despite solving in optimal t/s complexity. Recruiter follows up promptly the day after.

Interview Questions

• Given an arbitrary list of graph nodes, find the size of the largest connected group.   1 Answer

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

We had an on the phone interview to start the process. While talking on the phone we discussed what would be expected of me and what my day to day tasks would be. It concluded with me asking questions about their company and then they had me do a design test.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of mobile games do I play and how often do I play them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Toronto, ON) in December-2016.

Interview

Was given a brief tour around the offices in Vancouver over skype. Was quite brief but gave off the sense of a very open and interconnected company, generally positive working environment. Was then contacted by each of the 2 interviewers over Skype and was asked to perform some coding questions over codeshare. Pretty straightforward, was comfortable and overall a good interviewing experience. Did the interview just before the holidays so took them a few days to get back but they usually respond very fast.

Interview Questions

• Given a hypothetical online game, implement a leaderboard.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape in July-2016.

Interview

The process was very pleasant. I was contacted through email by the HR to set up a first interview with them. The first interview was with the HR to discover my interests, learn of what I have and why I chose to apply to ATA.

After that, I had one hour interview over Skype with a developer where she asked a few questions on how I would design (and implement) a system that required updating player scores and leaderboards.

I passed that interview and had yet another interview which I didn't do too well. After that I got a reply from them saying I didn't meet the skill set they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, find the longest substring with the same number of vowels and consonants.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Applied through the university co-op program. Got selected for an in-person interview. They gave me a tour of the office before moving onto two rounds of 30 minute technical interviews. Only technical questions were asked. There was a primary interviewer and another shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Given a stream of data of votes, implement an algorithm to count the majority winner.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

90% coding based, code in your own language, traditional OOP and basic algorithm questions. Really nice people and seems like it would be a great place to work. Two interview sessions of 30 minutes each, each with different people. You can ask any questions you want at the end of each interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in May-2016.

Interview

The interview has two questions, half hour for each question. Interviewer was very nice and gave me a lot of hints and help when I was stuck. I enjoy the interview and learn something new.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC) in March-2016.

Interview

There were two 30-minutes session of interviews. Each of them asking a different questions with 2 parts. Focuses on OOD and String Matching. Although one of the interviewers was constantly typing on his laptop and was not paying attention to what I was writing on the board, the overall was okay.