Interview Question

Investor Business Relations Associate Interview

-New York, NY

Two Sigma

"Where did you grow up?"

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

6 Answers

An addendum to my earlier interview comments. Additional questions by the last interviewer (Marketing Manager) who reeked of arrogance: "What would your critics say about you?" When I balked at that query, he leaned back in his chair, put his hands behind his head, and said, "C'mon, everybody has critics!" What a slimy individual. A true tosser. He went on to say that there is no "backstabbing" there...which I thought odd. When I asked other interviewers what was the best thing about working at TS, each of those four individuals said "the people". When I posed this question to the last interviewer, his opinion was "having access to the founders, the principals of the organization was the best part of working there". If I'd been offered a position, I would have declined. If you have any ounce of integrity, run for the hills and don't bother wasting your time and energy with this organization.

Anonymous on

I'm pretty sure asking you where you grew up is illegal

Anonymous on

Unfortunate that I'm unable to find an option to edit my previous post. My career spans over 20 years in the financial arena in administrative and designing marketing collateral for global institutional asset management firms. It a sad situation where individuals such as this "marketing manager" are in positions of power to decide who moves to the next level in the interview process. It's an unfortunate truth that indeed "mediocrity rises".

Anonymous on

Can you elaborate on the excel test you took?

Puerto Rico

Anonymous on

Had no idea!!!! In my entire career, which spans over 20 years in administrative and creative environments, the interview with this one particular "manager" was the absolute worst. I'm contemplating sending along a typed letter/delivered by snail mail, with personal / confidential addressed to the "founders/principles" of Two Sigma to express my absolute astonishment at the behaviour and manner of this interviewer!

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.