Facebook Diversity And Inclusion FAQ

Read what Facebook employees think about diversity and inclusion at the company, and if their workforce is comprised and supportive of individuals of varying gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion and other attributes.

Facebook has a diversity rating of 4.2.

All answers shown come directly from Facebook Reviews and are not edited or altered.

See questions about:

(select only 1)
Benefits
Career Development
Compensation
Coworkers
Culture
Diversity And Inclusion
Management
Senior Leadership
Work Life Balance
Workplace

3 English questions out of 3

April 11, 2019

Does there seem to be diversity at Facebook?

Pros

Clear mission, challenging but important work, great culture, excellent perks, generous employer, they take care of the workers, a lot of learning and growth opportunities, skills based company, autonomy, diversity and inclusion are top notch, treated with respect, flexible when it comes to personal life, fun environment, building social value.

Cons

Open office concept can be tough to focus, lots of meetings and many tools to navigate.

Advice to Management

Recognize performance on a personal level. Bonuses are great but just hearing "great job" is enough sometimes.

Clear mission, challenging but important work, great culture, excellent perks, generous employer, they take care of the workers, a lot of learning and growth opportunities, skills based company, autonomy, diversity and inclusion are top notch, treated with respect, flexible when it comes to personal life, fun environment, building social value.

April 11, 2019

See 158 more answers

February 5, 2019

How are veterans and active duty service members treated at Facebook?

Pros

60% of the people are nice and civil, but the same could be said just about anywhere you go. These are usually employees with less than a 2 year tenure. The rest of the 40% are classified as the FB veterans, who believe they deserve certain privileges (like mistreating and bullying new employees). The culture is to blame as FB values tenure over experience. An IC with 2 years of FB experience and 0 years of life experience is perceived to be more valuable than a FB noob with 15 years of industry experience. It's akin to that one possessive and insecure person in a group of friends who gets down right hostile when a new friend enters the circle. I'm the only noob on my team so you can imagine my plight. The team is very hostile towards me and I absolutely dread coming to work every day. My manager encourages and actively participates in this kind of high school-esque nonsense. I made a huge mistake coming to FB and I can't wait to leave. You have been warned-do not join unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Cons

See above-yes, you guessed right, there are no pros! The performance review process is every bit as bad as Zuck's psychopathic stare. The only way you will get a satisfactory rating is if you're good friends with your direct manager and your peers. It forces you to form insincere and bogus relationships with people.

Advice to Management

None whatsoever. Sadly, the culture will never change.

The rest of the 40% are classified as the FB veterans, who believe they deserve certain privileges (like mistreating and bullying new employees).

February 5, 2019

See answer

September 10, 2020

How is race or ethnicity talked about at Facebook?

Pros

Facebook has good benefits and provides you the ability to learn quickly with a lot of data

Cons

The culture has changed drastically to become very top down. There is also a drastic lack of diversity in leadership, everyone above me was a white guy, and they all thought very highly of themselves. Facebook is not a good place to work if you're a parent, there was no empathy for having to take time to deal with kid things during COVID when my partner and I were both working full time. My manager stated that Facebook might not be a great place for me as a parent. I was also penalized for taking time to pump. Leadership doesn't care about issues parents are facing, or issues people of color are facing.

Advice to Management

Don't set up PSCs as the ideal being a single white male persona

There is also a drastic lack of diversity in leadership, everyone above me was a white guy, and they all thought very highly of themselves.

September 10, 2020

See 29 more answers

3 English questions out of 3

Popular Careers with Facebook Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews