Compare Yext vs Shopify BETASee how working at Yext vs. Shopify compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Yext vs. Shopify. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Yext scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management and % Recommend to a friend.
- Shopify scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Free lunch" was the most mentioned Pro at Yext.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Shopify.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Yext.
- "Gurus" was the most mentioned Con at Shopify.
I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year
Great place to work. The environment is very warm and welcoming. The company is very fast pace, and growing quickly which is a great feature if you want to have the chance to make larger impact.
As a smaller company, the future of the company is a bit more uncertain. It is not a stable giant like facebook or google, but rather it is growing. Higher risk, but higher potential
I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years
Shopify is at the top of the Canadian technology scene. Smart, performance oriented, crazy sustained growth means you will see things you can’t see anywhere else. This is how the big companies you... know about happened and it’s happening to a Canadian company. You can help. Wins matter in this business and Shopify is winning.
Pace and growth rate mean even though the company has the best of intentions, often challenges happen because no one has solved issues yet. Sometimes it’s fun being in the rocket but sometimes the... g-forces can get you.
Advice to Management
Company values are highly individualistic and while that feels great for a while eventually a collective, team oriented perspective provides more meaning to people. May need a pivot to that over time.... Otherwise...thanks. 👍