Compare Yell vs Guardian News & Media BETASee how working at Yell vs. Guardian News & Media compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Yell vs. Guardian News & Media. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Yell scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and CEO Approval.
- Guardian News & Media scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Yell had 26 more reviews than Guardian News & Media that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Yell.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at Guardian News & Media.
I worked at Yell full-time for less than a year
Decent salary good earning potential however the money is not worth the long hours and pressure better jobs with good work life balance....
High pressure all the time, long hours never able to switch off. Lots of customer complaints which are left to you to pick up even if not you who caused the complaint and still expected to bring in... massive targets.
Advice to Management
Be realistic support staff rather than using pressure tactics.