Compare Tucows vs Softchoice BETASee how working at Tucows vs. Softchoice compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tucows vs. Softchoice. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tucows scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and Senior Management.
- Softchoice scored higher in 3 areas: Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Tucows.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Softchoice.
- "Call centre" was the most mentioned Con at Tucows.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Softchoice.
I have been working at Tucows full-time for less than a year
I've worked for several ISPs in my career, and, while they certainly have their own pros, the industry as a whole can often be plagued by very top-down/traditional practices and processes that both... prohibit and inhibit new ideas and needed transformation. That is certainly not the case at Tucows/Ting! There's a level of enthusiasm about what we're doing and where we're going that other leaders in the industry would almost kill to have. That starts at the top, goes all the way to the bottom, and then back up. That leaves me, a senior leader with many years in front of me, feeling incredibly excited about the company, our customers, and my own future here.
It's hard to mention cons when almost anything I could mention is largely tied to being in a place of growth. It's hard to be terribly upset when most of the problems I deal with are tied to needing... to hire additional employees, etc. I'd much rather be trying to figure out how to hire people faster than deal with most other issues.
Advice to Management
Continue to celebrate our wins and milestones!
I have been working at Softchoice full-time for less than a year
Good company to work with, lot of learnings and good growth opportunities. People are super friendly and are readily supporting each other.
I havent come across any cons so far sometimes with the plethora of products and services they offer they are pretty structured