Compare Tucows vs Manulife BETASee how working at Tucows vs. Manulife compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tucows vs. Manulife. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tucows scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
- Manulife scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- Manulife had 181 more reviews than Tucows that mentioned "Work from home" as a Pro.
- Manulife had 242 more reviews than Tucows that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Call centre" was the most mentioned Con at Tucows.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Manulife.
I have been working at Tucows full-time for less than a year
I joined Tucows for a little under a year now and it's truly been a breath of fresh air. Tucows is a company that is diverse and truly values people of colour. The company have real, authentic... conversations about racial and gender injustice. Discussions lead to action items that are actioned upon. Leadership empowers you to make decisions and leadership is approachable regardless of their title. Lastly, the employee benefits are simply amazing.
Tucows embraces video conferencing quite a lot - maybe too much. I would love for Tucows to advise employees to only use video when face time is necessary as this can be very draining when working... remotely.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing and don't ever become "too corporate".
I worked at Manulife full-time
processes are clear; tech is current and continually improved and tech support is there; leaders in work from home options more than 10 years; great profit sharing, benefits, and more
It is hard work and a lot is expected of the people but I think that is true everywhere.