Compare Tucows vs Flipp BETASee how working at Tucows vs. Flipp compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tucows vs. Flipp. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tucows scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management and % Recommend to a friend.
- Flipp scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Tucows had 2 more reviews than Flipp that mentioned "Work from home" as a Pro.
- "Call centre" was the most mentioned Con at Tucows.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Flipp.
I have been working at Tucows full-time for less than a year
I joined Tucows for a little under a year now and it's truly been a breath of fresh air. Tucows is a company that is diverse and truly values people of colour. The company have real, authentic... conversations about racial and gender injustice. Discussions lead to action items that are actioned upon. Leadership empowers you to make decisions and leadership is approachable regardless of their title. Lastly, the employee benefits are simply amazing.
Tucows embraces video conferencing quite a lot - maybe too much. I would love for Tucows to advise employees to only use video when face time is necessary as this can be very draining when working... remotely.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing and don't ever become "too corporate".
I have been working at Flipp full-time for more than 3 years
- The sales team has a really good culture and strong focus on pushing you to develop as an awesome leader. - Many sales people who start at Flipp seem to go on to become top performers at other big... tech companies like Amazon, Shopify, and TikTok. - No one is here to mail it in and I feel a genuine sense of passion from others that is kind of infectious - people really care on the sales team.
- Its a lot of work because of the focus on developing you. This isn't the kind of place where you can coast so don't come to Flipp if you want an easy job. - the future user growth plans are... unclear which can be frustrating.
Advice to Management
Continue supporting the culture and people. Please figure out the user side of things