Compare Tucows vs Flipp BETASee how working at Tucows vs. Flipp compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tucows vs. Flipp. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tucows scored higher in 1 area: % Recommend to a friend.
- Flipp scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- Tucows had 2 more reviews than Flipp that mentioned "Work from home" as a Pro.
- "Call centre" was the most mentioned Con at Tucows.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Flipp.
I have been working at Tucows full-time for less than a year
I've worked for several ISPs in my career, and, while they certainly have their own pros, the industry as a whole can often be plagued by very top-down/traditional practices and processes that both... prohibit and inhibit new ideas and needed transformation. That is certainly not the case at Tucows/Ting! There's a level of enthusiasm about what we're doing and where we're going that other leaders in the industry would almost kill to have. That starts at the top, goes all the way to the bottom, and then back up. That leaves me, a senior leader with many years in front of me, feeling incredibly excited about the company, our customers, and my own future here.
It's hard to mention cons when almost anything I could mention is largely tied to being in a place of growth. It's hard to be terribly upset when most of the problems I deal with are tied to needing... to hire additional employees, etc. I'd much rather be trying to figure out how to hire people faster than deal with most other issues.
Advice to Management
Continue to celebrate our wins and milestones!
I have been working at Flipp full-time for more than 3 years
- great opportunities to learn and grow - culture is all about being there for each other and helping each other grow - great flexibility around work life balance - exciting and challenging problems... to solve
- very fast paced environment and can be difficult to keep up during peek busy times
Advice to Management
Thank you for all the people-first initiatives that were launched during the last 2 years. Our future looks bright and looking forward to what the next couple years will bring. Keep focused on what... will help us grow and we'll get there.