Compare Shopify vs The Conference Board of Canada BETASee how The Conference Board of Canada vs. Shopify compare on employee ratings, job openings, CEO approval, business outlook and more.
What Employees Say
I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year
- great growth mindset: learn, grow as fast as you can. Books, conference, training, etc: you own your own development - growth: growing company equal lots of opportunities to improve the... platform - fast paced environment and hard problems with huge impact: if you like to solve problems, meaningful problems for millions of buyers and merchants this is the place to go! - no short term vision: we are here to build a 100 year company not make as much cash as possible. Tu are encouraged to do the right thing
- growth: there is no user manual and things change quickly. Lots of new people and an ever changing environment. - self motivated environment: no hard deadlines and there is no end to make commerce... better.
Advice to Management
- keep the culture of openness and transparence - have teams présent their work more often to senior management to show your interest
I worked at The Conference Board of Canada full-time for more than 3 years
I think it is safe to assume that the previous posts were written by disgruntled former employees wearing revenge-coloured glasses. It's easy to pick a company apart when you no longer work there and... everything didn't go your way. I think the previous comments should all be taken with a grain of salt. - Amazing internal knowledge resources - The opportunity to learn about a lot of issues and topics impacting Canadians - Great colleagues - Excellent benefits, RSP, and vacation - Supportive management that really care and recognize hard work - Nice office with affordable parking
- Slower moving as a lot of stakeholders can be involved in decision making - Non-profit resources (the learning opportunities, culture, benefits and colleagues make up for this)
Advice to Management
- Continue to invest in new ideas, new resources, and recognize and reward hard work and talent