I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year
- great growth mindset: learn, grow as fast as you can. Books, conference, training, etc: you own your own development
- growth: growing company equal lots of opportunities to improve the... platform
- fast paced environment and hard problems with huge impact: if you like to solve problems, meaningful problems for millions of buyers and merchants this is the place to go!
- no short term vision: we are here to build a 100 year company not make as much cash as possible. Tu are encouraged to do the right thing
- growth: there is no user manual and things change quickly. Lots of new people and an ever changing environment.
- self motivated environment: no hard deadlines and there is no end to make commerce... better.
Advice to Management
- keep the culture of openness and transparence
- have teams présent their work more often to senior management to show your interest
I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year
A great bourgeoning culture.
The corporate culture at Opencare is developing and growing day by day. The best part is that you can join the team here and have a noticeable impact on it. Things... aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture.
A thoughtful and dedicated team.
It is great to be around a group of very thoughtful people. Since joining Opencare, I have found the team here really thinks things through, and emphasize using data to guide decisions. I get the sense that there isn't much we cannot accomplish.
Office perks that make a difference.
One of the perks of working here is we have our lunches catered every day. I don't have to think about what to make or bring to eat every day — one less thing to clutter my mind. Plus I find getting to sit with the team over a shared meal is a great way to forge bonds.
We are all in this together.
Having strong executive leadership dedicated to transparency makes it easy to feel "we are all in this together." Regular town halls where team members can ask any question go a long way to keep things clear and ensure we are all on the same page.
Working in a startup isn't for everyone. There is no shortage of problems to solve, and priorities can change very quickly.
Opencare, like many businesses in their position, needs to be mindful... not to create new problems while solving for others.
Advice to Management
You build up your people, keep everyone mission-focused, and aren't afraid of trying new things. Keep up the great job.