Compare Shopify vs BNOTIONS BETASee how working at Shopify vs. BNOTIONS compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Shopify vs. BNOTIONS. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Shopify scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
- BNOTIONS scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Shopify.
- "Gurus" was the most mentioned Con at Shopify.
I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years
Shopify is at the top of the Canadian technology scene. Smart, performance oriented, crazy sustained growth means you will see things you can’t see anywhere else. This is how the big companies you... know about happened and it’s happening to a Canadian company. You can help. Wins matter in this business and Shopify is winning.
Pace and growth rate mean even though the company has the best of intentions, often challenges happen because no one has solved issues yet. Sometimes it’s fun being in the rocket but sometimes the... g-forces can get you.
Advice to Management
Company values are highly individualistic and while that feels great for a while eventually a collective, team oriented perspective provides more meaning to people. May need a pivot to that over time.... Otherwise...thanks. 👍
I have been working at BNOTIONS full-time
- Great organization focused on products. - The team here is comprised of talented people who care about building great experiences. - The culture here is exceptional, it's fast paced and... transparent. - The clients bring a wide variety of problems to the table, you don't get bored. - Casual atmosphere, with great office space and benefits. - Freedom for anyone to suggest changes and improvements to process and delivery. - Leadership is honest and demanding.
- The fast paced environment means you have to burn the midnight oil from time to time. - Client problems are complex and requires a lot of dedication to solve them. - A fast growing company... learning how to scale as a team.
Advice to Management
The culture at BNOTIONS is amazing and truly unique. It is a key differentiator and something anyone would want to be a part of.