Compare Rockwell Automation vs Southwest Airlines BETASee how working at Rockwell Automation vs. Southwest Airlines compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Rockwell Automation vs. Southwest Airlines. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Rockwell Automation scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Southwest Airlines scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Rockwell Automation.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Southwest Airlines.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Rockwell Automation.
- "Mandatory overtime" was the most mentioned Con at Southwest Airlines.
I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 10 years
What I love most about Rockwell is the ability to develop yourself into many different roles in different functions of the business. In my career I have been able to do different technical and... commercial roles within the sales team, manage a services business, manage a project engineering business, and now a regional business unit. In each job I have been able to experience different aspects of our industries, market, and gain very different skills in each role that allow me to bring broad experience to everything I do. I love to learn every day, and in all of my roles, each one brings new opportunities to develop.
The processes and procedures of a large global company are sometimes to slow to develop and create the feeling or barriers in your ability to accomplish change at the speed many would see in a... smaller company.
Advice to Management
Improve speed of change and continue to drive improvements to focus on our customers. Continue to allow employees to take on new challenges across multiple aspects of the business. This is the reason... why I stay around, I always feel challenged, and am able to freely provide my opinion.