Compare RBC vs Tucows BETASee how working at RBC vs. Tucows compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at RBC vs. Tucows. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- RBC scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Tucows scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- RBC had 411 more reviews than Tucows that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at RBC.
- "Call centre" was the most mentioned Con at Tucows.
I have been working at Tucows full-time for less than a year
I've worked for several ISPs in my career, and, while they certainly have their own pros, the industry as a whole can often be plagued by very top-down/traditional practices and processes that both... prohibit and inhibit new ideas and needed transformation. That is certainly not the case at Tucows/Ting! There's a level of enthusiasm about what we're doing and where we're going that other leaders in the industry would almost kill to have. That starts at the top, goes all the way to the bottom, and then back up. That leaves me, a senior leader with many years in front of me, feeling incredibly excited about the company, our customers, and my own future here.
It's hard to mention cons when almost anything I could mention is largely tied to being in a place of growth. It's hard to be terribly upset when most of the problems I deal with are tied to needing... to hire additional employees, etc. I'd much rather be trying to figure out how to hire people faster than deal with most other issues.
Advice to Management
Continue to celebrate our wins and milestones!