Compare Moovweb vs Hootsuite BETASee how working at Moovweb vs. Hootsuite compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Moovweb vs. Hootsuite. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Moovweb scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Positive Business Outlook.
- Hootsuite scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Stocked kitchen" was the most mentioned Pro at Moovweb.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Hootsuite.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Moovweb.
- "Vancouver" was the most mentioned Con at Hootsuite.
I worked at Moovweb full-time for more than a year
- Lots of autonomy. You will be your own manager once you're up and running. - Office was nice/ catered lunches/ snacks and beer fridge. - Benefits exist but are not great. - Unlimited PTO.... - Smart people worked here.
- No structured personal growth opportunities/ alignment between company and individual career objectives. You'll need to forge your own path. - Compensation is below market value. They seem to... only hire non-bay area talent now because they don't want to pay a living wage to SF locals. - No synergy between departments. Everyone is remote so its hard to connect with coworkers/ anyone you don't work with on a daily basis. - Toxic culture - this stems from People Operations + inexperienced Sr. management. - Extremely high turnover rate. I've never been at a company for so short and seen so many people leave or join and then leave shortly after. -Managers/ team leads are not experienced/ qualified to manage people and most don't know what their employees are doing everyday to keep the business moving. Most are loyal to the executive staff, not their subordinates. -Product team never considers existing customer base. Every improvement/ XDN version is only for new customers, while 90% of their customers are on older product.
Advice to Management
Develop a more customer-centric culture, unify the product, invest in your employees and making Moovweb a place where people are happy to be contributing. Hire managers who know how to manage teams,... not individual contributors who want more money.
I have been working at Hootsuite full-time
Small company ideals with a growing big company mindset.
None that I can easily think of just yet - it's a tough time for businesses globally and with that, Hootsuite is fairing well. Good choices the leadership has made in the past has us weathering the... storm well.