Compare Merck vs Celgene BETASee how working at Merck vs. Celgene compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Merck vs. Celgene. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Merck scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Celgene scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Merck.
- "Stock options" was the most mentioned Pro at Celgene.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Merck.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Celgene.
I have been working at Celgene full-time for less than a year
Great work environment, flexible hours, and a lot of opportunities to move up within the organization
There is a stagnant mentality that you have to pay your dues within the industry to move up, which inherently undervalues your external dynamic experiences and soft skills.
Advice to Management
Value your employees' overall experiences and talents.