Compare Medtronic vs 3M BETASee how working at Medtronic vs. 3M compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Medtronic vs. 3M. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Medtronic scored higher in 2 areas: CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- 3M scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Medtronic had 82 more reviews than 3M that mentioned "Good benefits" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Medtronic.
- "Plano de carreira" was the most mentioned Con at 3M.
I have been working at Medtronic full-time for less than a year
They have a wonderful on-boarding program. The president Neil is phenomenal and even came to a on-boarding meeting and took the time to know each of us. Love what the company stands for and they... truly enforce their core beliefs. This company truly cares for their staff too. From having weekly company wide check-ins to handing out self care packages......truly count myself lucky to be part of such an amazing company. The people are all so caring and very willing to help.
I honestly can not say anything. This it one of the top 100 companies to work for and I 100% see why.
Advice to Management
Well done on making such a great brand and enforcing your core beliefs and what you stand for. Quite often the mission of a company gets lost but not at Medtronic.
I have been working at 3M full-time for less than a year
Amazing Benefits program,able to have flexibility when it comes to working from home when sick and incredibly inclusive to everyone working.
Hard to get into the company (long application process). Not easy to move around in the company when it comes to jobs ( you must stay in your position at least 2yrs)