Compare MZ vs TinyCo BETASee how working at MZ vs. TinyCo compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at MZ vs. TinyCo. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- MZ scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- TinyCo scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Mz" was the most mentioned Pro at MZ.
- "Catered dinners" was the most mentioned Pro at TinyCo.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at MZ.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at TinyCo.
I worked at TinyCo full-time for more than a year
Some of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. Everyone was respectful, everyone had a ton of fun, and there were plenty of opportunities to learn at regularly scheduled "learning... lunches." Individual employees were given a lot of freedom in both how to accomplish the tasks they were given and the manner in which they worked, as long as those freedoms were not abused.
No clear sense of how to transition out of traditional mobile "decoration" games from management. No game designers were on staff when I was there, and after a series of layoffs employee morale took... quite a hit.
Advice to Management
Be willing to accept the risk that a creative industry necessitates, and trust that you've hired smart people who are capable and will do their job to the best of their ability.