Compare Lowe's Home Improvement vs The Salvation Army BETASee how working at Lowe's Home Improvement vs. The Salvation Army compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Lowe's Home Improvement vs. The Salvation Army. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Lowe's Home Improvement scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Positive Business Outlook.
- The Salvation Army scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Senior Management and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Lowe's Home Improvement.
- "Helping people" was the most mentioned Pro at The Salvation Army.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Lowe's Home Improvement.
- "Non profit" was the most mentioned Con at The Salvation Army.
I have been working at Lowe's Home Improvement part-time for more than 10 years
*flexible hours, understanding management. Off for thanksgiving and christmas.
to be full time you have to have open availability which gives you limited time with your family. Have to work weekends.
Advice to Management
Communication is key. Keep communication with your employees whether good or bad but communicate in a friendly way.
I worked at The Salvation Army part-time for more than a year
Great residents and great staff. You get to have lots of great interactions
You need to be able to deal with crisis, overdoses and trauma to be good with the residents