Compare City of Los Angeles vs Los Angeles USD BETASee how working at City of Los Angeles vs. Los Angeles USD compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at City of Los Angeles vs. Los Angeles USD. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- City of Los Angeles scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Los Angeles USD had 17 more reviews than City of Los Angeles that mentioned "Good benefits" as a Pro.
- Los Angeles USD had 29 more reviews than City of Los Angeles that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at City of Los Angeles.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Los Angeles USD.
I worked at City of Los Angeles full-time for less than a year
I love working with people in the community so being able to interact with them daily was a plus for me. If you like to make a difference in the community this is the place. It is not as... micromanaged as other places could be. Just make sure to finish your work.
The only cons I can think of is that if you like to see your engineering work from start to finish, you won't really see that in DBS. Also, if you do not like dealing with people do not work here... whatsoever lol. You do it in a daily basis basically. You are making a difference though.