Compare Loblaw Companies vs Shoppers Drug Mart BETASee how working at Loblaw Companies vs. Shoppers Drug Mart compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Loblaw Companies vs. Shoppers Drug Mart. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Loblaw Companies scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Shoppers Drug Mart scored higher in 1 area: Overall Rating.
- Both tied in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- Shoppers Drug Mart had 29 more reviews than Loblaw Companies that mentioned "Flexible hours" as a Pro.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Loblaw Companies.
- "Head office" was the most mentioned Con at Shoppers Drug Mart.
I have been working at Loblaw Companies part-time for less than a year
Managers are very good. Sometimes, meals such as breakfast, lunch, snacks etc. are provided, which is a great initiative.
Working during pandemic was very laborious, with no extra benefit. Bagging for customers, especially during rush hours is difficult with some customers having specific choices about bagging.
Advice to Management
Let people bag their own groceries, otherwise pay cashiers extra to bag customers' groceries. Don't let customers insult cashiers for their fast bagging, particularly during rush hours when cashiers... have to serve each customer in less than 1 minute.
I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time
great employer. they care about their employees.
the compagny's culture is great but you may have a not so good manager/superior