Compare LA County Department of Public Works vs LA County Department of Children and Family Services BETASee how working at LA County Department of Public Works vs. LA County Department of Children and Family Services compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at LA County Department of Public Works vs. LA County Department of Children and Family Services. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- LA County Department of Public Works scored higher in 2 areas: Overall Rating and % Recommend to a friend.
- LA County Department of Children and Family Services scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
I worked at LA County Department of Public Works for less than a year
- Easy work, mostly administrative duties and phone calls - Civil Engineering Student position gets pay increase along with engineers in the same union category (though one doesn't need to join the... union for that benefit - Chance to go in the field numerous times depending on division - Can work in position up to six (6) months post graduation - Gateway to enter as entry-level Civil Engineering Assistant
- No real engineering work; thus, no skills transferable if looking to work for more technical engineering firm - Sometimes no work and left sitting at desk looking at Reddit all day - They use... Bentley Microstation because all the designs from the '80s were done in that and it would be "too difficult" to convert/switch over to a more CONTEMPORARY software, i.e. AutoCAD
I have been working at LA County Department of Children and Family Services full-time
Flexible, Secure, Friendly Environment, Good work pace, Many sections to learn from
Takes a while to move up.